MLB Redesign Project

GetCrunk

And here y'all go:

mil1.gif

Next up:

Colorado Rockies OR San Diego Padres in...

Pittsburgh Pirates beige

New York Mets orange

St. Louis Browns brown

colors2.gif

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job on the Brewers. Although, after seeing that Rangers concept, could we maybe hold off on the three separate colors (not including, say, silver or white)? It looks like he was obligated to do a black jersey in addition to the periwinkle and (forget the name of the other one), just for the sake of meeting the request for black. It looks out of place considering the Rangers now only have 2 non-white colors (excuse the redundancy).

And Ryan Braun would enjoy the Miami-like colors.

This isn't my thread, of course, but my opinion on this is that the wild color choices is one element that makes these group projects so much fun. For the NFL project, for example, "realism" wasn't really my goal - experimentation and fun were what it was about. I thought it was pretty fun to see the Browns without even a hint of brown in the entire uniform.

Yeah I know, I was just thinking you could pick 2/3 wild colors and keep one similar to something that could work with both suggested teams. Either way it is fun to see the wacky combos, but it just won't make any sense to see a yellow cardinal or something.

There will end up being some very interesting designs and some that may even look great with some different colours . Its a great idea overall ...

Here we go. Since they're probably gonna change their name when they move into the new stadium, here are the Miami Marlins! I used an art deco font and numbers and came up with brand new primary and cap logos. Enjoy!

marlinsgroupconceptck5.gif

Next Team:

Oakland A's

-or-

New York Yankees

in Orioles orange, old D-Rays green, and Jays slate blue

Good Luck!!

That is a great new Marlins Logo , great job . I like it 100 times better than there current logo .

Even though this is not there current colour scheme , i sort of like it for them .

Awesome job man ...

Thanks! At first I thought it was funky but these colors have grown on me. They fill the purple and teal void left by the D-Backs I guess lol.

I would actually be interested to see the same sets and logo but maybe with the black put in to replace the purple and have the purple as a accent colour more ...

but i still really like the logos

i'll take the padres. i was waiting for another team to come up before i took my second concept, but since this has kinda stalled i will try to pick it back up. i'll just have to do my third team when it comes up.

ok, i present to you the new look Padres, with a little influence from bruschimania's indians concept, which was unintentional, but i now see it. enjoy.

Padres1.png

Padres2.png

Padres3.png

next teams: Colorado Rockies or Arizona Diamondbacks

Colors: Toronto Blue Jays Graphite and Seattle Seahawks "Bright Green", and Black if you want. Have fun.

ok, i present to you the new look Padres, with a little influence from bruschimania's indians concept, which was unintentional, but i now see it. enjoy.

Padres1.png

Padres2.png

Padres3.png

next teams: Colorado Rockies or Arizona Diamondbacks

Colors: Toronto Blue Jays Graphite and Seattle Seahawks "Bright Green", and Black if you want. Have fun.

NICE! It reminds me of their old throwback uniforms. Good Job!

seahawks55.pngseattleseahawks.png

All right, here we go!

First off, Happy Belated 600th post to me!

Second off, here is a summary of the posts thus far.

Completed teams (I tried to remember the order but couldn't, so it's not in any order):

*Tampa Bay Rays

*Florida Marlins

*Boston Red Sox

*New York Yankees

*Cleveland Indians

*Seattle Mariners

*Texas Rangers

*Toronto Blue Jays

*Los Angeles Dodgers

*Milwaukee Brewers

*San Diego Padres

*Oakland Athletics

*Arizona Diamondbacks

*Colorado Rockies

*Chicago Cubs

Teams Yet to be Completed (in alphabetical order):

Atlanta Braves

Baltimore Orioles

Chicago White Sox

Cincinnati Reds

Detroit Tigers

Houston Astros

Kansas City Royals

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Minnesota Twins

New York Mets

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

San Francisco Giants

St. Louis Cardinals

Washington Nationals

Some miscellaneous stats:

Color prevalence (approximated, due to approximation of colors)

Red: 3

Gold: 3

Green: 7

Teal/Light Blue: 3

Blue: 7

Orange: 7

Maroon: 1

Beige: 1

Black: 2

Silver: 1

Brown: 2

And could we get some National Leaguers in here?

6 out of first 7 teams were AL

8 out of first 10 teams were AL

Archived