Which NFL Teams need to be Redesigned?

MattMilone

So some of you may know that I am doing an NFL 2008 Redesign thread over here in Concepts. I intend to do ALL 32 teams, whether it be minor tweaks or complete package redesigns. Either way, I wanted to get a feel for the uniforms (and identities) that are most in need, and why. Personally, I feel some of the best and most passionate designers around are on the CCSLC, and I want to get a feel for what, well, you feel. Again, the whole point of this thread is to talk about YOUR opinion, rather than flaming some guy for saying the old Bills jerseys are better. And in all seriousness, your guys thoughts and opinions will help me hugely in trying to determine the best option for all the NFL teams. After all, "testing the market" is key to selling any good product. Any way, when ever you get some time, it would help me a great deal to hear the feelings of the CCSLC. Again, to anyone that posts, thank you so much. Thanks again, fellow designers.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda like the idea of this future concept. After thinking hard, I think that the Bills especially need a change, followed by the Chargers (I know that they have a new uni, but I hate it).

Props on the avatar, by the way. Steve Smith rocks! He's a Utah man, so that makes him my man.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

For the Bears you probably won't be doing too much, but I have a few ideas that I think would make it better. Move the numbers from on the sleeve to on top of the shoulder.This will allow you to include all three stripes and possibly even make them larger. The next thing would be to experiment with some helmet striping. I think the helmet might look better with stripes like their blue pants have.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I kinda like the idea of this future concept. After thinking hard, I think that the Bills especially need a change, followed by the Chargers (I know that they have a new uni, but I hate it).

Props on the avatar, by the way. Steve Smith rocks! He's a Utah man, so that makes him my man.

Actually, the Bills were the first (and currently only) team I've done. The link for the 2008 Redesign is here.

the panthers look like hot garbage... everything reeks 90s, could def use a total redesign, replacing the electric carolina blue to a true carolina blue.

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

I think the Giants are most in need of a re-design. Their blue jerseys and their red alternates are just so plain it's unbearable(like the Raiders). Also the grey pants are just awful. I think this logo:

http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/7/166/full/918.gif

that they used apparently only in 1975 is the best they've ever had. A modern version of that in white on a blue helmet, coupled with more red and some details in the uniforms would be a huge upgrade.

It'd be easier for me to list the teams who don't need redesigned than to list the ones that do- So that's what I'm gonna do!

Colts

Browns

Packers

Raiders

Steelers

Bears

Redskins

Chiefs

....And that's about it. The rest of the teams pretty much look like :censored:, in my opinion. Obviously, I know you're going to redesign them all at some point, but these are the ones that don't really need a lot of tweaking. Maybe a new wordmark, logo update or alternate uniforms, but nothing too drastic is needed.

Sigs are for sissies.

I'd say the Raiders could update their, well their Raider. They need to do like the Cards logowise. Bolder lines and sharper details would make it amazing. The jerseys can remain the same though since they are known for their simplicity and look good in it. Maybe just add a nameplate above the front numbers. Back to my logo jibberish, do the same thing to any team in the same situation as the Raiders (Vikes, Cheifs..) This is what irritates me the most about the NFL. Why does one team get a brand spankin new logo while another one team is stuck with....this.

Change #2, The Bucs, Saints, and Ravens all have black stripes around the arms. Give each of them distinguished templates.

for the raiders, you could possibly make use of dual silvers, one dark silver, and one light silver. just throwin that out there.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I'd like to see the Falcons go back to more of a classic look, maybe updating their late 80's uni's and bringing back silver into the mix to re-tie them to them GA Bulldogs, which is what influenced their colors in the first place.

98Falcons.png

Bengals need work. simplify. tiger stripes can work if used as the only real design element, when it is used with complicated side panels and drop shadows and too much black, it just comes across as overkill.

Also, the Jets. I like their colors and uniforms, but i think they need a real logo. they have such a good name, but don't show it off very well.

Be careful to keep some teams exactly the same. Oh, and keep the Cowboys having 2 different silver pants...

the browns need serious help

Dude, you're high! The Browns have have some of, if not THE best uniforms in the league, especially when they wear their striped socks! And this is coming from a Bengals fan!

Sigs are for sissies.

Archived