Which NFL Teams need to be Redesigned?

MattMilone

There are some obvious teams who've had the same jerseys for 20+ years and should keep them that way:

Raiders

Bears

Packers

Browns

Colts

I think the only team that needs a tweak due to pure hideousness is the Buffalo Bills. Everything else is fine.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the browns need serious help

Dude, you're high! The Browns have have some of, if not THE best uniforms in the league, especially when they wear their striped socks! And this is coming from a Bengals fan!

I can tell that you're an old school kind of person. I'm more of a new school kind of person, but I, for one, would be against any major changes to teams like the Steelers, Packers, Bears, and so on. I also don't like unis that go WAY over the top (I'm looking at YOU, AFL).

That said, small upgrades won't hurt (think San Diego Chargers)

I think the Giants are most in need of a re-design. Their blue jerseys and their red alternates are just so plain it's unbearable(like the Raiders). Also the grey pants are just awful. I think this logo:

http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/7/166/full/918.gif

that they used apparently only in 1975 is the best they've ever had. A modern version of that in white on a blue helmet, coupled with more red and some details in the uniforms would be a huge upgrade.

IDK if it's me, but the Giants red jersey screams "OHIO STATE"

Vikings: Replace yellow-gold w/ metallic gold; add a third color to the team palette (but not black - then they'd look too much like the Ravens)

Rams: Restyle the ram's horn on the helmet into the shape of the Gateway Arch

Cardinals: Give the unis more of an Old West/Southwestern feel, esp. the jersey numbers

Jaguars: Lose the teal - especially from the jaguar's tongue

Bills: Keep the logo, but otherwise blow up the rest of the team's identity and start from scratch, including the color scheme

CCSLC signature.png

Vikings: Replace yellow-gold w/ metallic gold; add a third color to the team palette (but not black - then they'd look too much like the Ravens)

Rams: Restyle the ram's horn on the helmet into the shape of the Gateway Arch

Cardinals: Give the unis more of an Old West/Southwestern feel, esp. the jersey numbers

Jaguars: Lose the teal - especially from the jaguar's tongue

Bills: Keep the logo, but otherwise blow up the rest of the team's identity and start from scratch, including the color scheme

vaderno.jpg

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

it seems that the lions have a jersey/color scheme that is almost impossible to make look good. most of the redisigns ive seen, and tried to do myself just blow. i think they need a new color scheme. Honolulu blue just doesnt scream "lions" to me.

but nonetheless, gooooo lions! (next years miami dolphins)

Picture21.png

Here's my thoughts for every team.

Packers- Don't change a thing.

Bears- Same.

Lions- It's OK. The black jerseys kinda suck though.

Vikings- Like the new helmet. Don't like how the side stripe changes colors. Especially on the all-whites.

Eagles- see My Eagles Concept

Cowboys- Consistency. Stick with the greenish silver and navy. No regular silver, no royal, no black. Navy facemask.

Giants- They tried more consistency when they first chose the NY logo, but they're fine now.

Redskins- Name change. I mean c'mon! At least go back to the 70th anniversary set. (spear helmets)

Buccaneers- Orange Alternate. To be worn with pewter pants. (Black alt. sucks with all that pewter)

Panthers- Slight update. Love the helmets. Slim the jersey stripes and modernize them a little. Less than 15 years of history isn't enough for tradition.

Saints- Modernization. This doesn't mean putting 50lbs. of crap in a 5lb. bag. Use the curves of the logo to influence the striping.

Falcons- Overhaul the sleeves. Worst part of the uni. Their pants are good though.

Seahawks- Love it. Modern meets classic.

49ers- Less black. Maybe return to original red. No more drop shadows.

Rams- Not much, just make the pants match each other.

Cardinals- They look good. I'm probably the minority here, but they did well. Maybe change the facemask because there is no grey elsewhere.

Patriots- Red alternate that matches current set. To be worn with silver pants.

Jets- Perfect.

Bills- Cluster:censored:. See My Bills Concept. Or try retro. For sure with white helmets.

Dolphins- Overhaul. Modern. C'mon, it's Miami! Use navy, but sparingly.

Colts- Almost perfect. I would like a double stripe on the helmet.

Texans- Fine. A little boring. Ditch the red pants!

Titans- MORE light blue, helps connect the team to its history. New numbers. Make the T-Sword logo the primary.

Jaguars- Teal road numbers. (I don't like teal myself, but it is their identity.)

Bengals- Ditch the side panels. Make orange the primary. Use the tiger head as the primary logo, make the striped B a secondary mark.

Browns- Could go either way. They haven't won s**t recently, so tradition isn't as important as the Packers or Cowboys.

Steelers- Italic numbers must go. I realize it was the 90s, and they looked like the Hawkeyes, but those numbers aren't tough. Maybe a slightly stylized block number (like the Pats or throwback Cowboys, not the same, but like that.)

Ravens- I like black for them. I'm OK with their set.

Chargers- Make light blue the primary. Put more light blue on the road jerseys (like the numbers).

Broncos- They're fine. Maybe add a small white accent to the home jerseys (like the orange on the roadies).

Chiefs- Boring. Needs consistency. Logo needs some yellow. Maybe a little black in the uni.

Raiders- Does anyone even care about the Raiders? Update the logo a little. Black facemask.

Redskins: please bring back the arrowhead logo!

Bills: I like the uniforms, but it's time to decide on either keep or dropping the red and silver. Just make up your minds!

Cardinals: Just revert, please.

Vikings: Keep the new helmet, even jersey, just do something about the pants!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I personally dislike the Seahawks uniform. The colours and the way they are arranged are a real eye sore. The monochrome look is bad enough, these uniforms take that ugliness to a whole new level. It seems to me it's trying too hard to look modern. They look like they are from the future, but not the real future, the future as it was percieved in some cheesy early 1990's sci-fi movie... starring Wesley Snipes.

thecatch.jpg

it seems that the lions have a jersey/color scheme that is almost impossible to make look good. most of the redisigns ive seen, and tried to do myself just blow. i think they need a new color scheme. Honolulu blue just doesnt scream "lions" to me.

but nonetheless, gooooo lions! (next years miami dolphins)

It's possible, if the artist formerly known as Tempest somehow managed to get a uniform set to look good using just one color--green (referring to the Jets concept he did in his AFC East Extravaganza thread). I think what the Lions really truly need is a whole new branding direction. The colors themselves I can understand, being that they're also found in the Ford logo (okay, the blues might be a lil different, and I'm not even sure is that's how the Lions wound up with those colors anyway, but as long as a Ford still has something to say about this team, I don't think the colors are going anywhere). But ultimately, what this team needs, in the worst possible way, is a straight-up, wipe-the-slate-clean, top-to-bottom renovation...a completely new and revitalized package. If the Buccaneers could successfully engineer a totally new branding image, then so can this team here.

(Coincidentally...I'm also in the process of working on exactly that. ^_^ )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

AFC

East

Jets-grey mask

Dolphins-lose the navy, drop shadow

Bills-go back to the super bowl days

Patriots-Pat Patriot all the way

North

Steelers-block numbers, grey mask

Bengals-previous design

Browns-fine

Ravens-more black and gold, less purple

South

Colts-fine. if anything, add some silver to the striping

Titans-powder blue socks for navy pants

Jags-less black on the roads, add some stripes to the black pants

Texans-look good. white mask but thats being overly picky

West

Broncos-orange crush with current logo. orange jerseys with current at a minimum

Raiders,Chiefs-leave alone

Chargers-last years model was their best

NFC

East

Cowboys-one silver, one blue, one template, 70s numbers. use their current home striping template and lose the black

Eagles-grey mask at a minimum. only thing other than a complete overhaul

Redskins-either their spurrier throwbacks or leave em alone--toss up

Giants-thinner numbers on homes, blue outline on roads

North

Bears,Packers-fine except for a grey facemask

Lions-LOSE THE BLACK. sanders era were perfect with no blue pants. silver only

Vikings-old style. shoulder stripes on both home and road. sleeve numbers

South

Bucs-lose the orange but other than that fine

Falcons-red helmets w/stripes and white mask. 90s jerseys

Saints-gold pants at all times

Panthers-fix the stripes on the pants and make the helmet stripes match. silver pants at all times

West

Cardinals-go back to their classic look

Rams-super bowl XIV look. grey masks

Seahawks-bring back green and blue. no lime green, navy, and steel

49ers-go back to the khakis and the grey facemask

Archived