St. John's

rob66

Does anybody have pictures of St. John's University football uniforms as Red Storm and/or basketball uniforms from when they were known as the Red Men. I can't find anything. I only saw the one pic of the basketball uniform in the "tire tread" thread.

rob66.png

b48edf9175354a21901fe82967f7d330.jpg

Wow, those don't leave much to be discovered, aside from the non-flattering shorts, that's a simple clean jersey basically what I think they should be wearing today. Please keep the pics coming, as I failed to mention I'm asking for these photos because I'm looking to create a little database for all of STJ's logos, unis, etc. for students.

rob66.png

It doesn't quite tie into the "tire tread" thread, but back in the 70s, St. John's wore uniforms that had a zigzag stripe pattern on both sides. I haven't found pics yet. I'll post them if I do, but anyone else who can find pics is more than welcome to beat me to the punch.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

redmen3.jpg

redmen2.jpg

redmen1.jpg

great finds, man do I like those last one's

Those have to be late 80s? Early 90s? Maybe Louie's last years? Me likey.

Edit: I think that's Cuse's Lawrence Moten in the shot (the knee high socks, dead giveaway), so definitely early 90s.

Botom pic (against Syracuse) is about 1993 or 1994. The top one, with the Skyline template, was there first as the Red Storm. The middle is the second set as the Red Storm, that followed the skylines and preceded the first Jordan Brand set.

1128_large.jpg

This was one of my most favorite covers when it came out in '94.

Ah yes, Felipe Lopez. I remember when he was supposed to be the second coming and I got his autograph when St. John's came to the Niagara Falls Convention Center to play Niagara. I wonder if it's worth the ticket stub it's printed on now...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

1128_large.jpg

This was one of my most favorite covers when it came out in '94.

That whole issue was sweet.

The photos were all taken with Polaroids if I remember right. Then with a toothpick the photographer/artist would swirl the developing film to create the effects. You can see the swirls on the cover.

Pretty sweet and innovative. I remember wanting to try it but balking at the price of a Polaroid and film back then.

Artest-era unis

Note the good form of his fists held upright, protecting his face and yet still in optimal position to strike at any time. I was actually a big artest fan back in the st john's days, oh how times have changed. By the way, hi everyone, post no. 1

artest.jpg

More pics here... http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=...;partner=Google

Haha, Thanks for the post, these uniforms are what I remember St. John's as back in middle school when I first got interested in the school. And Welcome to the boards.

rob66.png

Archived