New 2008 Baseball Caps, Jerseys: Favorites?

BallWonk

37 days? That means the Pirates have about 45 days until they are mathematically eliminated.

aww come on! We got new management!

Actually...due to overall disinterest by any half-talented FA's out there...I'd say it's more like 38 days (as of 7 Jan)...

...but, of course, there's always Bobble Head Night(s) and Fireworks Night(s)!!!

(Oh...and "Getchaself a Free Bottle of Heinz Ketchup for the first 500 25 Ten Fans Who Show Up in the Ketchup Red Alternate Jersey" Night...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like the new Indians uniforms (home and retro alt), as well as the Royals and Jays. Can't stand the new Tampa Bay look.

I couldn't agree with you more. The Indians new duds and retro alt are nice. The Rachael Rays new look not so good.

Royals blues are growing on me.

Phillies alt isn't too bad. I like the cap.

Blue Jays old school road...not sure about it. I think I like it only because I dislike their current look so much.

Any word on the BP caps for all teams...losing the flap or a carryover from last year for the most part?

With pitchers and catchers due to report in only 37 days -- but who's counting?

And I'm looking foreward to the Cubs first ever (home) throwback game. Accoring to the Bloomington (IL) Pantagraph (see the 13th paragraph of the linked story), the Cubs will wear 1948 replica unis as part of a celebration of WGN-TV's 60th anniversary:

nl_1948_chicago.gif

I can only hope they wear the correct stirrups, as the rest of the uni is pretty boring...

Moose

I love that 48 Cubs look. It's the one featured in a Norman Rockwell painting, and I've always liked it and wanted to see it in action.

Think we can re-create the entire scene?

9480904.jpg

:D

It's almost too bad that it's a home game, as I agree - the road is very nice. I just think that the home is too plain. It'll also make it tough to re-create that Rockwell scene...

Moose

I know, but it was too good a joke to let pass. Well, maybe it wasn't, but anyway.

And yeah, I tend to agree. The roads are beautiful, but the Cubs' retro home is just a little too plain.

I know that they're doing it to celebrate an anniversary, but it's too bad they couldn't do something more along the lines of the 1940 home uniform (either one) - love those sleeve stripes!

nl_1940_chicago.gif

With pitchers and catchers due to report in only 37 days -- but who's counting?

And I'm looking foreward to the Cubs first ever (home) throwback game. Accoring to the Bloomington (IL) Pantagraph (see the 13th paragraph of the linked story), the Cubs will wear 1948 replica unis as part of a celebration of WGN-TV's 60th anniversary:

nl_1948_chicago.gif

I can only hope they wear the correct stirrups, as the rest of the uni is pretty boring...

Moose

I love that 48 Cubs look. It's the one featured in a Norman Rockwell painting, and I've always liked it and wanted to see it in action.

Think we can re-create the entire scene?

9480904.jpg

:D

It's almost too bad that it's a home game, as I agree - the road is very nice. I just think that the home is too plain. It'll also make it tough to re-create that Rockwell scene...

Moose

Even the underline of Chicago appears to be frowning. Probably why Rockwell chose to paint those uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

IIRC they wore those road uniforms in a nostalga game in Philadelphia many years ago.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know, but it was too good a joke to let pass. Well, maybe it wasn't, but anyway.

And yeah, I tend to agree. The roads are beautiful, but the Cubs' retro home is just a little too plain.

I know that they're doing it to celebrate an anniversary, but it's too bad they couldn't do something more along the lines of the 1940 home uniform (either one) - love those sleeve stripes!

nl_1940_chicago.gif

Are the Cubs going to wear those retro uniforms in every single game this coming season?

nl_1940_chicago.gif

Are the Cubs going to wear those retro uniforms in every single game this coming season?

I like the new Indians uniforms (home and retro alt), as well as the Royals and Jays. Can't stand the new Tampa Bay look.

I couldn't agree with you more. The Indians new duds and retro alt are nice. The Rachael Rays new look not so good.

Royals blues are growing on me.

Phillies alt isn't too bad. I like the cap.

Blue Jays old school road...not sure about it. I think I like it only because I dislike their current look so much.

Any word on the BP caps for all teams...losing the flap or a carryover from last year for the most part?

What about the Oakland Athletics? Aren't they getting a new alternate jersey this coming season?

I hate the new Rays. Everything about it, worst change in sports history.

My teams don't have too much or anything new for that matter, but I'd love to see the Mets use a regular alternate all orange jersey like the BP they used to have.

And although I'm guessing no one will ever touch the Yanks, adding a red alternate would be good too.

anti.png

The Royals powder blue is my favorite.

d20_4008.jpg

That doesn't look right to me. Is there any powder blue trim on their pants or hats at least? Maybe it would be better if the pants matched.

AGREED.

THE ORIGINAL "GEORGE BRETT-ERA" POWDER BLUES ARE AN ALL-TIME FAVORITE OF MINE... BUT THESE WITH THE ROYAL LETTERING AND WHITE PANTS JUST DOESN'T WORK... THEY LOOK LIKE A COLLEGE TEAM, NAMELY THE UNC TARHEELS...

TOO BAD THE LETTERING IS ROYAL AND THE PANTS DON'T MATCH... WHAT'S WRONG WITH REALLY KICKIN' IT OLD SCHOOL?

• 2 weeks later...
What about the Oakland Athletics? Aren't they getting a new alternate jersey this coming season?

I think that's the black alternate that they introduced a while back but stopped actually wearing on the field a few seasons ago.

It never actually left their style sheets, from what I'm told, so it's not really a new alternate jersey.

I think that's the black alternate that they introduced a while back but stopped actually wearing on the field a few seasons ago.

It never actually left their style sheets, from what I'm told, so it's not really a new alternate jersey.

It is basically the same alt but the lettering is white instead of green. Either way, it is awful looking.

Can someone please post the link that had all the 2008 uniform changes?

All of the big changes have been unveiled so I don't think there is any problem posting this list.

Arizona

-Modification to alternate jersey lettering

-Modification to batting practice jersey lettering

-Modification to uniform sleeve patch

-Addition of commemorative sleeve patch

Atlanta

-Modification to BP cap

Chicago White Sox

-Elimination of alternate sleeveless home uniform

Cincinnati

-Modification to batting practice headwear mark (the two-color MLB logo on the back of official caps)

Cleveland

-Elimination of current alternate home uniform

-Addition of alternate home uniform and cap

-Removal of metallic silver in all Club logo, uniform lettering and marks

Florida

-Removal of commemorative patch

Kansas City

-Addition of alternate jersey (old school sky blues!)

-Modification to batting practice cap trim

-Modification to coloration of uniform sleeve patch

Los Angeles Dodgers

Milwaukee

-Removal of commemorative sleeve patch

Minnesota

-Modification to batting practice cap trim

-Removal of commemorative sleeve patch

New York Mets

New York Yankees

-Addition of commemorative left sleeve patch

-Addition of All-Star Game right sleeve patch at commencement of All-Star balloting through All-Star Game

Oakland

-Modification to alternate home jersey lettering

-Modification to alternate cap headwear mark

Philadelphia

-Elimination of alternate cap

-Addition of alternate uniform and cap

San Diego

-Modification to batting practice jersey lettering

-Modification to batting practice cap

San Francisco

-Removal of All-Star Game patch

-Addition of commemorative patch

Seattle

-Removal of commemorative patch

-Modification to batting practice cap

St. Louis

-Removal of World Series Champion sleeve patch

Tampa Bay Rays

-Complete identity change including Club name and Club colors

Toronto

-Change to road jersey lettering

-Addition of sleeve patch to road jersey

-Change to batting practice jersey lettering

-Addition of alternate uniform (all-sky blue pullover jersey from the 80s)

Washington

nl_1940_chicago.gif

Read the last sentence of the article (the last sentence of "Extra Bases"). It says the Cubs have not decided which era jersey to wear.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.j...sp&c_id=chc

IIRC they wore those road uniforms in a nostalga game in Philadelphia many years ago.

I believe you are correct. Might have been as far back as 1994. I know they wore them during Ryne Sandberg's time on the team because I have some kind of giveaway card with him wearing it.

nl_1940_chicago.gif

Read the last sentence of the article (the last sentence of "Extra Bases"). It says the Cubs have not decided which era jersey to wear.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.j...sp&c_id=chc

I saw that article, too. If the year is up for grabs, I'd give the edge to the 1940 over 1945 as well. But I'd welcome the 1945 just to see a pinstripe-less look at home for a change.

Archived