New Orleans Saints

mantleisthebest7

Hey y'all!

Recently, I came across a topic on, I believe the sports logos section that had to do with old Saints pics. Everyone, including myself, was raving about how awesome the inagural unis for the Saints looked, and I thought, "I should do something about this". So, I got off my keester and whipped up this concept. In this package, you will see a uniform that is more or less a tribute to thier inagural unis, but with a litttle modernization. All this modernation is, is the addition of the wordmark to the uniform, and the current Double outline fluer-de-lis, replacing the single outline one. Also, I brought back the shield they used as an inagural alternate, but modernized that as well. The "super serif" numbers are a tribute to the famous Jim Taylor serifs, so this number font actually has historical meaning. Well, I'll shut up now and let you guys talk. Feel free to comment on anything, as it is much appreciated, accepted, and encouraged. Here it is!

Oh by the way, I finally saved it in png! HOORAY! lol

(Below the uniform is an enlarged version of the alternate logo and the helmet)

l_30c8f1f03131b0640776890da0c5a77d.png

l_3464c9bad1f6f7d479cda63159d64b15.png

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

What you have now is essentially the current Cleveland Browns' uniforms, recolored in black and gold, with the fleur-de-? put on the side of the helmet.

That's not a bad thing by any means. The Browns have simple, classic looking uniforms. But it doesn't make sense for the Saints to look just like them.

What you have now is essentially the current Cleveland Browns' uniforms, recolored in black and gold, with the fleur-de-? put on the side of the helmet.

That's not a bad thing by any means. The Browns have simple, classic looking uniforms. But it doesn't make sense for the Saints to look just like them.

I didnt mean it to look like the Browns. Again, this is a remodeling of thier 1967 inagural uniforms.

Here's a pic (of HOFer Jim Talyor - circa 1967)

JtaylorNo.jpg

no harm taken. I just wanted to clarify the look I was going for. It's all good.

Anymore comments from anyone? Please?

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I like what you're trying to do here, but the Saints are a team that should have a more modern look. The old gold alone is a good enough nod to the past, but do you really want them to have the same basic look as teams like the Packers, Browns, Chiefs and other teams that have some actual (non-losing) tradition behind them?

I like the concepts here, but I love that crest logo! That needs to be on all Saints' merchandise from here on out! Speaking of cool old things, those super-serif numbers are hotter than hot! I love 'em.

But that grey facemask has got to go, man. Other than that small gripe, GREAT JOB!

Sigs are for sissies.

?=lis

fleur-de-lis

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

?=lis

fleur-de-lis

No.

?=bee

7fmmqz0c8f32nhheydjnn0w7a.gif

fleur-de-bee

:P

They look great. Two suggestions, one of which is to use a black facemask. It just looks better, and fits if you're putting a modern spin on the '67 look.

My other suggestion is to not use sleeve stripes. As much as they're a part of the '67 look, it's just sad reality that stripes do not work well on modern-cut jerseys. Try the shield logo on the sleeves, and don't be timid. Make it pretty big. It'll look good and remain true to the vintage feel you're shooting for.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived