An NFL Redesign Extravaganza

andrewharrington

As you may or may not know, I've been doing NFL redesigns, popping up here and there with new ones over the last few weeks. I'm going through the whole NFL, and I'll be posting them by division. None of these are going to be really off the wall, but I promise to change at least one element of each team's uniform, because very few of them, if any, are what I would describe as perfect. I value tradition and good, timeless aesthetics above everything else. I'm trying to create the 'pinstripe suit' of football for every team: classic, but modern. Timeless and clean-cut. We'll just get on with it. I'm a little burnt out, so I don't feel like saying too much, but I generally think teams are adding too many colors to too many parts of the uniform lately, so I tried to eliminate that sort of thing in some cases, unless it's done in good taste. I also like each team to have something unique to call their own, whether it be a numeral typeface, a certain color, or a style of stripe or piping that no other team uses.

The Pats' look is a little cluttered for me, so I pared it down a bit, muted the facemask by making it blue, eliminated the blue pants, la dee da. I love the Bills in white and royal blue, so I did these with heavy inspiration from the throwbacks they've been wearing. A new logo polishes off the set. The current one is a touch too dated for me, so I tossed it in the fire and out of the ashes rose this one. I don't like the Jets in their garb. The logo is too cluttered and not very good, and the whole uniform just irks me for reasons I can't always put a finger on. I did these with a bit of military influence with the captain stripes on the arm and the chevrons on the leg, and the Top Gun inspired helmet with the soaring jet. I modified the old wordmark to get this one. The dolphins are a mess. I dropped the navy and eliminated a lot of striping to create this clean and minimal set. I'm not entirely happy with it. I have to revisit it when I have some energy. Presenting the AFC East:

patriots.gif

bills.gif

jets.gif

dolphins.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As you may or may not know, I've been doing NFL redesigns, popping up here and there with new ones over the last few weeks. I'm going through the whole NFL, and I'll be posting them by division. None of these are going to be really off the wall, but I promise to change at least one element of each team's uniform, because very few of them, if any, are what I would describe as perfect. I value tradition and good, timeless aesthetics above everything else. I'm trying to create the 'pinstripe suit' of football for every team: classic, but modern. Timeless and clean-cut. We'll just get on with it. I'm a little burnt out, so I don't feel like saying too much, but I generally think teams are adding too many colors to too many parts of the uniform lately, so I tried to eliminate that sort of thing in some cases, unless it's done in good taste. I also like each team to have something unique to call their own, whether it be a numeral typeface, a certain color, or a style of stripe or piping that no other team uses. Presenting the AFC East:

patriots.gif

bills.gif

jets.gif

dolphins.gif

I think every concept here is a vast improvement over their current set, except the Jets. You did a good job on it, but their current set is one of my favorites in the NFL. However, I do like the helmet logo you made.

Great job!

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I completely disagree with OldRamsFan. I think those Jets concepts are the greatest! I have nothing to complain about with any of these, except for maybe the exclusion of stripes on the Dolphins' helmets. All in all, a GREAT job!

Sigs are for sissies.

wow. first off, i really like the template you used, second off, the concepts are all very very well done. these are very simple yet they work so well. i think the afc east would look real good if they were to look like this. on the negative side, and i am digging here, the wordmarks look a little small on the chest for all teams. i appreciate that they are smaller, but they just look too small. maybe it is just the template though. i would be cautious of putting the nfl logo on the back of every jersey. that idea will get old pretty fast if you are doing all teams. some it works for, others it doesn't at all, like the bills' throwback look. the jets and bills numbers seem too tall and not thick enough, but again, maybe thats just cause of the template size. even with all that said, these are some of my favorite concepts yet, and that jets one is my favorite over all, minus that gradient of course.

I absolutely LOVE the Patriots set, I like the Bills (but that logo looks really wierd and gives me bad feelings), I like the Dolphins alot. The Jets logo is PERFECT. But I think the way it is aligned with the helmet, maybe its just me, it reminds me of the leaping Miami Dolphin. Again, maybe it's just me, but I think it's just the height of it on the helmet. Again though, all around great work from one of the best football designers on the board. I only pray that one day I can crank out a level work near yours. Kudos, and I cannot wait to see what else you have in store. Great work Andrew.

Wow. Fantastic. Patriots I love the darker gray, even though I hate the team. I love the Bills ones, and their current throwbacks are great so are these. The Jets, like above I disagree with, is simply superb. Such a simple yet sleek logo with that great green, it's awesome. The Dolphins one is my least favorite, I can't quite put my finger on it, but it needs something.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

All of these are very good, except the Dolphins. Too basic for my tastes. It at least needs the logo on the sleeves or some more striping or something. Also, there is navy on the logo, but none on the jerseys. I'm a fan of both with and without navy schemes for the Fins, so either ditch the navy in the logo or add it to the jerseys. The Jets one is absolutely outstanding. Love the logo, helmet and wordmark. Well done!

So ridiculously good.

Patriots: Very nice. I think I kind of miss the red facemask (I know it looks out of place, but I like quirky things like that). I also kind of miss the blue pants, but maybe only because I'm used to seeing them. No side panels = awesome.

Bills: We all know that this is exactly how they should look and it's what you gave us, so I can't complain.

Jets: Hard to get used to, but I am pretty sure I will eventually love it. The pants stripes are my favorite element.

Dolphins: Goodbye clutter, hello beautiful simplicity.

Please do the entire league. Please.

These are some of the greatest NFL concepts I've ever seen on these boards. Great job.

These are all beautiful. The addition of a blue facemask on the Pats helmet is a vast improvement.

The Jets concept is awsome. Good job getting rid of the 2 completely opposite fonts, and great job with the helmet. The Bills one is good, but a little too retro for my taste, it's pretty much an exact replica of their throwbacks, except for the helmet. The logo looks a bit deformed, looks like he's got scoliosis or something. I've never really liked white being the dominant color on the Bills blue retro jerseys, needs more red! But it's 100x better than what they have now. Finally the Dolphins, this set is great. I agree it needs helmet stripes though.

Patriots: A

Bills: B+

Jets: A

Dolphins: A

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The goof on the Bills' logo wasn't intentional. It's fixed now. The gradient on the jets logo is just so it doesn't run outside that little boundary. There isn't a gradient on the helmet or anything. The line starts from the back bumper and arcs over the sides of the helmet similar to the Chargers' bolt. Another issue that came up was the thin numbers. I make my numbers a little on the thin side because I strongly dislike the really thick block numbers that have barely a visible negative space, like the Bills' current numerals, for example. I like mine to be nice and legible. I went with the extra thin, tall numbers to fit the sleek, modern style of the Jets' concept.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The execution is great. The concepts are OK. I don't care for the pant striping all being the same general style. I believe the silver on the Pats really should be lighter and there should be more red incorporated. I like that you changed the logo on the Jets. The Bills concepts on this board are all looking the same to me lately. I wish someone would go into a direction other than retro. I think the Dolphins are just too bland. I understand that is the direction you wanted to go, but all these concepts are just a bit too similar in style.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

By itself, I think there's a similar color scheme within the entire division. Everyone is either blue or green, and red/coral is only used as a slight accent color. I think the Patriots need the red facemask to balance the heaviness of the navy blue.

For the Jets...it's a nice update, but I think it's awkward to have the jet in the logo on a downward flight. Too many bad connections there. Same with the downward-pointing chevrons on the pants stripe. A jet should be shown soaring or taking off, not landing.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Some thoughts on the Dolphins uni...

Don't think you needed to lose the helmet striping

I love the number font...reminds me of the thin numbers worn in 1972

Not sure about the white socks with the white jersey, a little too plain.

I'd like to see the colors on the pant striping reversed, with orange being the dominant color.

These sets are great - I like how you streamlined and simplified the Patriots and the Dolphins. I've been an advocate for the Bills going with the throwbacks but with the 1976 helmet (rushing buffalo and blue facemask).

A couple of minor quibbles - the Dolphins need helmet strips - ones that match the pants stripes would be nice. The other is with the Jets - to me, the Jets just aren't "the Jets" without the wordmark on the helmet. I really like the logo with the arching jet over the "Jets" wordmark and I would use that on the helmet. Again, only a minor quibble because the logo is nice but it is also a bit small to be seen from the Bob Eucker seats.

These are really nice. Favorite is BILLS.

My only negative is the JETS word-mark. The T connecting to the S looks a bit odd. It reads a bit like an LS. I see JETS at first, becasue i know it's a JETS concept. Away from the concept it sort of looks like JELS. I like the new logo, maybe change the arc a bit to represent the top half of a football.

For the Jets...it's a nice update, but I think it's awkward to have the jet in the logo on a downward flight. Too many bad connections there. Same with the downward-pointing chevrons on the pants stripe. A jet should be shown soaring or taking off, not landing.

Considering the Jets' performance in recent years, I feel the downward flight path is appropriate :D In all seriousness though I think it looks great the way it is, although I agree with the chevrons, they should be pointed up.

Archived