Generating Ideas for a Concept

Clark

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I am currently in my final year of studying Multimedia Design at the University of Ulster. For my major project I have decided to create an interactive ice hockey learning website designed to raise awareness of the game. While the website will provide information on the sport in general, its main focus is to teach beginner to intermediate players the skills needed to advance their game though the use of video, illustration and related reading.

I have decided to brand the project 'Odd Man Rush' and am now attempting to create a logo to accompany my proposal which is due by the end of the week. The problem is, I don't know how I could visually represent the name Odd Man Rush into a logo.

My initial idea was to create a logo showing snow rushing down a mountain with a puck a the bottom of the logo, however every logo I tried like this ended up looking like a cheap Avs rip off or a logo for some sort of skiing company.

The only other idea I had was a the generic outline of a player ala the AHL, MLB & NBA logos however I felt that this was too generic.

If this was your project and you had to come up with a concept for the name 'Odd Man Rush' how would you do it?

I really am at my wits end on this one, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Clark

prospects.png

vets.png

my fist thought is to do a graphic representation of an Odd Man Rush, like how the Portland Trailblazers logo is a representation of the game of basketball. i can see how every logo with snow rushing down a mountain with a puck at the bottom could be an Avs rip-off, so try to go more graphic representation.

Archived