Xerox goes lowercase

dfwabel

Xerox logo history (PDF link)

As a native Rochesterian (Xerox's former headquarter city), I feel a bit sad that they've switched to a flavor-of-the-month "shiny ball" logo. Their thin text they had used for 40 years was iconic, and the "digital X" they unveiled in the mid-90's had also begun to approach that status. Bummer.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I absolutely hate this. The typeface is refreshing and kind of nice, but not right for Xerox. I don't understand why they needed the X orb and the lowercase letters. This is not some fly-by-night or some start up, it's friggin' Xerox...a name so synonymous with photocopying that people ask that things be "xeroxed." I'm sick of big boy companies jumping on the lowercase letter craze.

Xerox, you are a grown ass man. Grown ass men at least use one capital letter.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Xerox logo history (PDF link)

As a native Rochesterian (Xerox's former headquarter city), I feel a bit sad that they've switched to a flavor-of-the-month "shiny ball" logo. Their thin text they had used for 40 years was iconic, and the "digital X" they unveiled in the mid-90's had also begun to approach that status. Bummer.

For company that is trying to shed it's image of just being a photocopier company, it's trying to copy other's ideas?

Oh, to me it looks more like a ball of yarn than an 'X'-orb

I saw, I came, I left.

• 2 weeks later...

The Xerox building in Rochester, which was previously unmarked by any sign out front, now has a sign with this new logo, roughly 5 feet long by a couple feet height, out in front so that all drivers/pedestrians on Clinton Avenue can see it.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I think they should go back to the 1961 version or do a simple update of it.

This one clearly doesn't work.

Totally Agreed!!!

I'm getting sick of the "all lowercase" thing...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

?Xerox is still perceived incorrectly as a copier company. We do not make copiers.?

i had NO IDEA xerox didn't make copiers...the "sphere thingy" is ugly...

Maybe, he should have said "We do not JUST make copiers"

http://www.office.xerox.com/copiers/enus.html

Someone should tell that to the Xerox guy who's in our office fixing hte machines every other week...

Until I say the History Chart, I didn't realize they had dropped "the document people" tagline...

Bottom line is, this look like an "Illustrator 101" mid-term project ...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived