Marian Hossa, Atlanta Thrashers

Ilya Kovalchuk , Atlanta Thrashers

Alexander Ovechkin, Washington Capitals

Mike Richards, Philadelphia Flyers

Jason Spezza, Ottawa Senators

Eric Staal, Carolina Hurricanes

Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay Lightning

Martin Gerber should have gotten some consideration

The Eastern conference is pretty odd, I mean Vokoun, instead of the goalie from the top team in the east. I'm also pretty surprised that Sundin didn't make it.

Hi, how are you?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The names of the eastern reserves are incredible. How did both Hossa and Kovy not get voted in a starting lineup?

They didn't because Lecavalier, Alfredsson, and Sid the Kid are having a better season thus far.

Since Luongo turned down his starting spot...a thought popped into my mind. Has any one team had four starters in the ASG? Heck, has the starting roster been made of only two teams before? THe west could potentially be Detroit and Calgary, if Ozzie gets the starting nod.

The Eastern conference is pretty odd, I mean Vokoun, instead of the goalie from the top team in the east. I'm also pretty surprised that Sundin didn't make it.

With a quick glance of an eye, it looks like the NHL was making an effort to have all teams represented in the All-Star Game, which is a good idea since they're still trying to gain viewers. Simply put, there wouldn't be a reason for non-regular viewers in Nashville or Phoenix to tune in if they don't have a representative in the game.

I am very suprised that Hossa made the team. He's not having a great season this year, so his inclusion suprised me.

does anyone know the events of the superskills? word is that the young stars game is going to be shortened and is going to count as points in the superskills and that the superskills is going to be extended to more events.

and according to newsday, they are bringing back the goalie goal shooting. i hope this is true.

article here... http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islan...0,5841038.story

Describing his anticipation of taking part in the All-Star festivities, which include a scoring competition for goalies, DiPietro added, "It's kind of like being a kid again. You get a chance to meet all these great players. Being in the skills competition is going to be a great time."
untitled-1.png

With a quick glance of an eye, it looks like the NHL was making an effort to have all teams represented in the All-Star Game, which is a good idea since they're still trying to gain viewers. Simply put, there wouldn't be a reason for non-regular viewers in Nashville or Phoenix to tune in if they don't have a representative in the game.

I am very suprised that Hossa made the team. He's not having a great season this year, so his inclusion suprised me.

Too bad for Olli Jokinen though because he's an all-star caliber player :cry:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Henrik Sedin

So will Henrik be sitting out, too, unless his brother gets an invite?

Thats ridiculous, Henrik and Daniel have nearly identical stats and Henrik wouldn't be the player he is without his brother, either both should go or neither should go. I guess they could just switch of.

And who would of picked Chris Osgood and Manny Legace as the goalies for the all star game coming into the year.

does anyone know the events of the superskills? word is that the young stars game is going to be shortened and is going to count as points in the superskills and that the superskills is going to be extended to more events.

and according to newsday, they are bringing back the goalie goal shooting. i hope this is true.

article here... http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islan...0,5841038.story

Describing his anticipation of taking part in the All-Star festivities, which include a scoring competition for goalies, DiPietro added, "It's kind of like being a kid again. You get a chance to meet all these great players. Being in the skills competition is going to be a great time."

Brodeur and DiPietro alone could take on the other 28 starting goalies in the league and still win. The West has no shot (pun wasn't intended) in this....

I wonder who wears #10 for the West, Gaborik or Horcoff, both having joined the league the same season.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'd have put Gerber or Thomas in ahead of Dipietro. The only reason he is going is because he is the most publicized American goalie in the game at the moment.

As for the west, I am a little shocked Leclaire didn't get the nod considering he has been a very solid goalie for Columbus. Bryzgalov could have also made the team considering he has single handedly made Phoenix into a playoff contending team.

Like Zero said, it is good to see Savard FINALLY getting some recognition... even if he is a sub for a player....

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

FINALLY! Marc Savard is going to the All-star Game! I'm going to enjoy this!

I wonder if Kovalchuk, Savard, and Hossa will be on a line during the game....

There's your highest scoring line of the game right there. I've been waiting to break out the #9 Thrashers sweater for awhile now. Next Sunday is going to be a good Sunday

Archived