NHL All-Star Thread

HedleyLamarr

I'd have put Gerber or Thomas in ahead of Dipietro. The only reason he is going is because he is the most publicized American goalie in the game at the moment.

As for the west, I am a little shocked Leclaire didn't get the nod considering he has been a very solid goalie for Columbus. Bryzgalov could have also made the team considering he has single handedly made Phoenix into a playoff contending team.

Like Zero said, it is good to see Savard FINALLY getting some recognition... even if he is a sub for a player....

Really? Not Ryan Miller?

Hi, how are you?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd have put Gerber or Thomas in ahead of Dipietro. The only reason he is going is because he is the most publicized American goalie in the game at the moment.

As for the west, I am a little shocked Leclaire didn't get the nod considering he has been a very solid goalie for Columbus. Bryzgalov could have also made the team considering he has single handedly made Phoenix into a playoff contending team.

Like Zero said, it is good to see Savard FINALLY getting some recognition... even if he is a sub for a player....

Really? Not Ryan Miller?

Was Ryan Miller the first goalie ever drafted 1st overall? Was he the starting goalie for Team USA in the Turino olympics? Exactly. :P

Dipietro's name has been around a lot longer than Miller's has (3 years compared to... 7 or 8??) and has been in the NHL much longer too. He is the American goalie poster boy post Richter.

And Eric, just buy a Bruin's Savard jersey already!!! Remember, I can hook you up so you don't feel AS guilty for spending over $200 on it. :P You know you wannnnnnnnnnt it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Really? Not Ryan Miller?

Was Ryan Miller the first goalie ever drafted 1st overall? Was he the starting goalie for Team USA in the Turino olympics? Exactly. :P

Dipietro's name has been around a lot longer than Miller's has (3 years compared to... 7 or 8??) and has been in the NHL much longer too. He is the American goalie poster boy post Richter.

yet still doesn't belong in the all star game.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The YoungStars rosters have been announced. No goalies, for some reason......

East

Defense: Tobias Enstrom (ATL), Kris Letang (PIT), Mike Lundin (TB), Marc Staal (NYR)

Forward: Nicklas Backstrom (WSH), Brandon Dubinsky (NYR), Tyler Kennedy (PIT), Milan Lucic (BOS)

West

Defense: Alexander Elder (VAN), Erik Johnson (STL), Jack Johnson (LA), Matt Niskanen (DAL)

Forward: Sam Gagner (EDM), Patrick Kane (CHI), Peter Mueller (PHX), David Perron (STL)

Henrik Sedin

So will Henrik be sitting out, too, unless his brother gets an invite?

Thats ridiculous, Henrik and Daniel have nearly identical stats and Henrik wouldn't be the player he is without his brother, either both should go or neither should go. I guess they could just switch of.

I disagree with you here.

Sure, both Sedin's are putting up basically the same number of points and aren't nearly as good without each other, but there's no rule saying they HAVE to be together. :P These twins are in their 20s, they don't need to be with each other ALL the time! They're grown men, they can handle being separated for 3 hours. :)

The fact is that Daniel Sedin wasn't as good as the top four left wingers in the west, so he didn't get in, however, Henrik Sedin was one of the top 4 centers in the west, so he gets in.

I'd much rather see one Canuck in the ASG than none at all.

East

Defense: Tobias Enstrom (ATL), Kris Letang (PIT), Mike Lundin (TB), Marc Staal (NYR)

Forward: Nicklas Backstrom (WSH), Brandon Dubinsky (NYR), Tyler Kennedy (PIT), Milan Lucic (BOS)

West

Defense: Alexander Elder (VAN), Erik Johnson (STL), Jack Johnson (LA), Matt Niskanen (DAL)

Forward: Sam Gagner (EDM), Patrick Kane (CHI), Peter Mueller (PHX), David Perron (STL)

because like i mentioned before, the young stars game is going to be part of the skills competition. they will be playin 3 on 3 and using the all star goalies

untitled-1.png

It's interesting to note that since Osgood was named to the all star game he's re-signed for $5.5 over 3 years and let in 9 goals in two games......feels like a curse not a blessing to be named to the team! lol

Tonight on the Wings-Thrashers broadcast they said Ozzie may start the game since Babcock is the coach...has anyone heard any more on this?

detredwings1.pngdetlions1.png

torjays2.pnghamticats1.png

there's no rule saying they HAVE to be together. :P These twins are in their 20s, they don't need to be with each other ALL the time!

identicaltwins.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

East

West

because like i mentioned before, the young stars game is going to be part of the skills competition. they will be playin 3 on 3 and using the all star goalies

Having Kane and Gagner together again is gonna be sweet. Even though he is hurt, I wish their was some love for Johnny Toews.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

That's not exactly what you said. In fact, your only remark about the YoungStars game was that it was rumored to be part of the Skills Competition. But I digress......

Was it that difficult to find a couple of young goalies to play in this game? Having the likes of Brodeur and Osgood in goal for the YoungStars game kind of defeats the purpose....

Looks like Crosby's going to miss the All-Star festivities, due to injuring his ankle tonight.

Kovalchuk just might be placed in the starting lineup after all.

Event hough he stated he'd like the break to rest his body, this could open room for Sundin to dress for the East as a replacement. With the season he's having he is worthy of a spot, though with the youth movement it's not hard to think of him being excluded

East

West

pens fans, you know him better than i do but is Kris Letang related to Alan Letang?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

East

West

pens fans, you know him better than i do but is Kris Letang related to Alan Letang?

As far as I know, no.

(google searching tells me one was born in Ontario and the other Quebec, with one's career ending the year that the other's started)

oBIgzrL.png

Looks like Crosby's going to miss the All-Star festivities, due to injuring his ankle tonight.

Kovalchuk just might be placed in the starting lineup after all.

Event hough he stated he'd like the break to rest his body, this could open room for Sundin to dress for the East as a replacement. With the season he's having he is worthy of a spot, though with the youth movement it's not hard to think of him being excluded

Sundin apparently turned down a all-star invivtation already.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived