Maryland Basketball in Gold

leopard88

Maryland's new gold uniforms debuted against Holy Cross last night. I almost felt like I was watching Len Bias, Keith Gatlin and Adrian Branch.

34635487.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I like the color a lot, but I miss the all over Maryland flag trim. The System of Dress stuff is just boring.

I couldn't agree more . . . on all points.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I believe they used to wear gold quite a bit under Lefty Drisell

. . . and Bob Wade.

As I recall very well (long story why, but it involves a girl), Lefty first broke out the gold uniforms for an ACC tournament game against heavily favored Virginia in 1981. They wound up blowing out Virginia in the gold uniforms and thus used them pretty frequently after that.

Gary Williams has resisted wearing the gold uniforms because he believes Maryland should stay with the red and white. However, having already had the Terps wear black uniforms, I guess he felt like it was time to give in.

I like the color a lot, but I miss the all over Maryland flag trim. The System of Dress stuff is just boring.

I couldn't agree more . . . on all points.

Count me in as well. It feels like I'm watching "some other college" instead of Maryland.

I believe they used to wear gold quite a bit under Lefty Drisell

. . . and Bob Wade.

As I recall very well (long story why, but it involves a girl), Lefty first broke out the gold uniforms for an ACC tournament game against heavily favored Virginia in 1981. They wound up blowing out Virginia in the gold uniforms and thus used them pretty frequently after that.

Gary Williams has resisted wearing the gold uniforms because he believes Maryland should stay with the red and white. However, having already had the Terps wear black uniforms, I guess he felt like it was time to give in.

Oh man, does anyone really want to remember the Bob Wade reign of error at Md?

i like it. not the system of dress part, and not more than white or red unis, but certainly more than black. point is: could be worse. just wait until the system of dress fad dies down, then these will come back looking normal. that will be great.

Maryland's redesign of their uniforms this year was just awful. I hate change, and especially (as an ACC fan), change in the ACC. I've been waiting forever for a black uniform (i did see it once in a 2006 ACC Tournament game vs BC), so if they had to have an alternate, make it black rather than yellow.

Another reason i dont like this is because, as long as i've been around, yellow wasnt really a big part of their color scheme. its always been red and black for me, and this just looks out of place.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

Another reason i dont like this is because, as long as i've been around, yellow wasnt really a big part of their color scheme. its always been red and black for me, and this just looks out of place.

I decided to highlight the key part of this paragraph. If you had been around during the '80s, you probably wouldn't think twice about it. Even since then, it has been used regularly as trim and has always been listed as an official color. It just hasn't been front-and-center in a while.

Archived