Nhl all-star game

mjrbaseball

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if they weren't so blatantly in the hideous color scheme of the minnesota wild, i'd want to buy one.

make them orange and black, like nhl jerseys SHOULD BE, and make an all-star logo without RED and GREEN together, and i'd want it.

god i hate red and green together :)

but seriously, those jerseys aren't bad. make them not minnesota colored, and i'd love them. red vs. blue, or black and orange vs. white black and orange.

I wish they'd do them like the NBA used to and the way they did at the Skills Competition. Have the home team (in this case, the West) where darks & the East where lights.

Yeah, but then you wouldn't have All-Star jerseys.  And some of them are cool.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think they looked terrific, and might just have to pick one up. BTW, I remember in the post about the different players having to switch numbers, someone said the player with the most All-Star appearances gets priority for their number. Why, then, did Chris Pronger wear #24, when he I believe has been in twice as many ASG's as Todd Bertuzzi, who got to wear #44? And let me just say I hate this method in general, for cripes' sake it's the All-Star Game, who cares if they have the same number, plus it's really hard to tell who's who when everyone has on a different number. One last thing, did anyone see the interview with Dwayne Roloson between periods, I could SWEAR his jersey was dark blue (?). Maybe just weird lighting. Anyway it was a great game.

I think they looked terrific, and might just have to pick one up. BTW, I remember in the post about the different players having to switch numbers, someone said the player with the most All-Star appearances gets priority for their number. Why, then, did Chris Pronger wear #24, when he I believe has been in twice as many ASG's as Todd Bertuzzi, who got to wear #44? And let me just say I hate this method in general, for cripes' sake it's the All-Star Game, who cares if they have the same number, plus it's really hard to tell who's who when everyone has on a different number. One last thing, did anyone see the interview with Dwayne Roloson between periods, I could SWEAR his jersey was dark blue (?). Maybe just weird lighting. Anyway it was a great game.

pronger wore 24, because tuzzi was voted in as a starter.

same reason modano had to wear 27 a few years back, because kariya was voted in as a starter, even though modano is his senior...

i sorta like being able to change numbers for an all-star game... like i said before, modano wore 27 because kariya was a starter... he wore 27 in honor of his original enforcer-buddy, shane churla... it's completely pointless to have to change numbers, but i sorta like it. you get to see other numbers that players might like :) like if they were to change teams, and their normal number was taken, you have SOME idea as to what they might like to wear instead.

i sorta like being able to change numbers for an all-star game... like i said before, modano wore 27 because kariya was a starter... he wore 27 in honor of his original enforcer-buddy, shane churla... it's completely pointless to have to change numbers, but i sorta like it. you get to see other numbers that players might like  like if they were to change teams, and their normal number was taken, you have SOME idea as to what they might like to wear instead.

True, but most players just wore the reverse of their number, or double it, or the next number up/down anyway. Oh and btw WHY WAS JAROMIR JAGR AN ALL-STAR???!!!

Jagr was an all-star for the same reason the 12 guys surrounding him were all-stars...he's a leading NHL scorer.

Why wouldn't he be an all-star?

Gotta say, tho...he looked a lot better with that Ranger shield on his shoulder than he would've with an eagle.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Yes, the MIN flavor was evident.  Yes, they are plain - but they are simple &  nice.  

I did not like the N.A./World jerseys from a few years back.

I'd buy a green one.  The whites remind me of PHX.

Let's wait and see what "flavor" the jerseys have next year in Atlanta. :cool:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The jerseys looked great at the game, I think.  They're not flashy, but they weren't meant to be.  Only part I don't like about them is the font for the player names.

Rockies?! :laugh:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Somebody musta gotten fired for that...  :P

Overall IMO the jerseys were mediochre. It isn't the greatest colour scheme in the world, but the use of the colours are okay. I think it would have been 100% better if the same font on the front was used for the name on the back... the Leafs font does not look good with green or red... JUST BLUE. Also, getting rid of the double outline on the numbers. It felt like the Red Leafs/Rangers vs the Green Leafs/Rangers...

Only the New York Jets have been able to have a good-looking uni from having a green-only colour cheme

Anyways... another note off-topic...

CONGRATS to the musical geniuses OUTKAST who won 3 grammys tonight, including the big one, Best Album of the Year. Not to mention Andre 3000's great prformance of "Hey Ya!" with the help of the USC Trojan Band that stole the show. Stank you for bringing back the funk.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Boy, Yahoo missed that one - Edmonton & Chicago aren't even close in Unis or Linar distance.

How about the Young All Stars game?  Kinda of a blow out but exciting.  I like it. :)  :)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Posted on Feb. 09 2004,01:45

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy, Yahoo missed that one - Edmonton & Chicago aren't even close in Unis or Linar distance.

Well they are at least a little bit, enough for that boob to get it wrong. I thought the name and number font of Toronto looked pretty good on these jerseys, it's plain but not too plain, the name font gives it a little bit of flavor. They looked great overall, IMO the best All-Star jerseys in recent memory, much better than those horrid Nashville alternate rip-offs of the last couple years....

Archived