Nhl all-star game

mjrbaseball

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best uniforms in an all-star game i've seen in my lifetime.

Those were some great, great jerseys. Really remarkable.

If i could fit into one, i'd buy one...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The jerseys looked great at the game, I think. They're not flashy, but they weren't meant to be. Only part I don't like about them is the font for the player names.

Rockies?! :laugh:

More like Maple Leafs

I saw, I came, I left.

Posted on Feb. 09 2004,09:50

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Mockba @ Feb. 09 2004,00:49)

The jerseys looked great at the game, I think. They're not flashy, but they weren't meant to be. Only part I don't like about them is the font for the player names.

Rockies?!

More like Maple Leafs

Yes, we all know it's the Leafs font, I believe he was referring to the Yahoo! picture that labeled Sakic as a player on the Colorado Rockies.

I didn't like the East's helmet it was a different shade of red then on the jersey, I thought they should have gone with a cream helmet

No manufacturers make cream coloured hockey helmets.  Red helmets are made by all of the major manufacturers though.

Well we are in the time of simplicity!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I much prefered these ones over the ones that were used last year. The road/white uniforms were outstanding in my mind, the style and colour combo ruled. the green homes didn't quite seem as good. it might have just been the shade of green, but I dunno.

I think that the league has to establish some kind of guidelines for all-star unifroms, set colours and elements of design. even just in colours. The West is Blue and the East is red kind of deal, and play with it from there.

I liked in '99 the uniforms worn then. They went back to an older design idea, but at the same time were modern in colour and lettering

The kind of helmet Mark Messier was wearing...NO manufacturers make the type of helmet he wears. It's an old WinnWell hemet, and the Rangers' equipment staff has to paint it special for him...somebody must have done the same for him again...

Messier Helmet

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Yeah, I noticed how old school/goofy Messier's helmet looked.  :D

I think that the league has to establish some kind of guidelines for all-star unifroms, set colours and elements of design. even just in colours. The West is Blue and the East is red kind of deal, and play with it from there.

I disagree with this, I love that the NHL and MLB both let the jerseys reflect the uniqueness and flavor of the hosting team. I think having a uniform color for each conference would be the most boring thing ever, like the Pro Bowl uniforms, which are basically the same every year. Yawn.

As I sit here wearing my Western conference jersey as I type, I must say they look really nice and I thought they looked even better on the ice in action.

I also liked the number font and thought it fit the jerseys great. The name font was a bit modern looking though...

The NHL wanted to create a look and these hit the mark. They sold like mad too. I don't know how many people traveled into town for the game, but the number of Eastern conference ones they sold was up there pretty high.

Did you see Jose Theodore wearing his blue breezers with the Eastern jersey? That was a nice look if they ever wanted to go three colors.

capt.mpa10702082241.nhl_all_star_game_mpa107.jpg

I don't want them changing jerseys every year, but these might not be around next year I'd guess. The push for the vintage line of jerseys and the vintage themed all-star game coinciding with the Wild's new vintage alternates in a state with a long hockey tradition all intersected in St. Paul. I don't know how this would look in Atlanta next year.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I thought it looked like an old Cooper. Daneyko used to have one. I know Mess used to wear WinnWell back in the day, but that looks alot like a Cooper

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I can gaurentee you that it's a WinnWell.  He has a lot of them...TSN sportscasters mentioned he bought a bunch of back-stocked ones in 1989 or whenever they went out of business.
Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

i love these, leafs font and all  :D

second best all-star unis of alll time. first is the style used in toronto and denver in 2000 & 2001. i promise u the ones in atlanta next year are going to suck.

I have a feeling the ones they use in Atlanta next year (if it happens) will be these, only the Western jersey will be primarily all cream colored with blue while the Eastern jersey is all red with cream.  They'd look a lot better than these do.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived