Ohio State's new logo

simpsontide

In honor of them having NEVER defeated an SEC team in a bowl......

*6srla9j.jpg

* As an example of the rule bending ways of the SEC Tennessee wore illegal cleats during a wet and muddy Citrus bowl and won 20-14. The athletic director from Tennessee even issued a letter of apology to Andy Geiger and the Ohio State team. Is it a win, no, but it gets an asterisk.

and if we're gonna get nasty, Lousiana Monroe didn't beat Ohio State in the National Championship game. That was Louisiana State.

*6srla9j.jpg

* As an example of the rule bending ways of the SEC Tennessee wore illegal cleats during a wet and muddy Citrus bowl and won 20-14. The athletic director from Tennessee even issued a letter of apology to Andy Geiger and the Ohio State team. Is it a win, no, but it gets an asterisk.

and if we're gonna get nasty, Lousiana Monroe didn't beat Ohio State in the National Championship game. That was Louisiana State.

bitter, party of one? :P

I'm no fan of the Miami Hurricanes, but I must point out the irony of an Ohio State fan asking for an * beside a tainted bowl win!

why the call was technically wrong, but there was defensive holding. still would have had the ball back.

Niiiiice. Maybe instead of the buckeye stickers on their helmets, they should start wearing a sticker for every bowl loss they have.

People forget that before losing these last two bowl games, they won four in a row, three of which were Fiesta Bowls. That and Jim Tressel is 4-3 in bowl games, 3-2 in BCS games. There are lots of coaches who deserve more heat for getting smoked in bowls than JT does.

I love how people use the 0-9 against SEC schools as some sort of meaningful stat. That's 0-9 vs. various teams with different coaches and players. I don't understand what a 1979 Ohio State team has to do with a 2007 one? I could understand if you were 0-9 vs the same team in a conference and both teams had the same coaching staffs or one team did, but the use of this pointless stat shows how people use stats to make an argument seem valid. Now if you said that Jim Tressel coached teams are 0 for whatever then you have a valid argument. That would be like saying that because team A beat team B 10 times from 1956-1966 has a bearing on the two teams meeting this weekend.

6srla9j.jpg

Funny coming from a man whose team

1) Lost to a Sun Belt team this year

2) Paid their coach slightly under a million per victory this season

3) Is years away from even receiving the privilege of playing a Big Ten side in a major or semi-major bowl (and possibly being OSU's first victory over the SEC in a Bowl setting).

4) Did we mention the whole "lost to a Sun Belt team" thing? How about the fact that said Sun Belt team was one of only two teams to lose to a North Texas team that was one of the worst in I-A

I love how people use the 0-9 against SEC schools as some sort of meaningful stat. That's 0-9 vs. various teams with different coaches and players. I don't understand what a 1979 Ohio State team has to do with a 2007 one? I could understand if you were 0-9 vs the same team in a conference and both teams had the same coaching staffs or one team did, but the use of this pointless stat shows how people use stats to make an argument seem valid. Now if you said that Jim Tressel coached teams are 0 for whatever then you have a valid argument. That would be like saying that because team A beat team B 10 times from 1956-1966 has a bearing on the two teams meeting this weekend.

Agreed, that's why this whole Ohio St bashing because they lost the last coulpe of years is quite lame. And I'm not even a fan of OSU.

Jim Tressel;s Bowl record is quite good actually. OSU just got blown out the last two years. It happens.

Now if OSU had won, the media would be praising OSU for doubting their naysayers and rising above all the negative press and saying how the SEC isn't that great of a conference and the Big 10 is really on an upswing. The media just makes me sick.

Archived