Ohio State's new logo

simpsontide

In honor of them having NEVER defeated an SEC team in a bowl......

6srla9j.jpg

Funny coming from a man whose team

1) Lost to a Sun Belt team this year

2) Paid their coach slightly under a million per victory this season

3) Is years away from even receiving the privilege of playing a Big Ten side in a major or semi-major bowl (and possibly being OSU's first victory over the SEC in a Bowl setting).

4) Did we mention the whole "lost to a Sun Belt team" thing? How about the fact that said Sun Belt team was one of only two teams to lose to a North Texas team that was one of the worst in I-A

And who did Ohio State lose to in the Championship...oh yeah a team that:

3) Is years away from even receiving the privilege of playing a Big Ten side in a major or semi-major bowl (and possibly being OSU's first victory over the SEC in a Bowl setting).

4) Did we mention the whole "lost to a Sun Belt team" thing? How about the fact that said Sun Belt team was one of only two teams to lose to a North Texas team that was one of the worst in I-A

6srla9j.jpg

And who did Ohio State lose to in the Championship...oh yeah a team that:

This post makes no sense... he wasn't referring to LSU, it was Alabama.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

On a side note:

All Ohio State scarves will now be refered to as Chokers. :notworthy:

Wasn't LSU the favorite? How can you choke if you aren't the favorite?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'll give you they came in unprepared, choked and were the victim of Chris Leak's one perfect game as a four year starter in 2007, but they were preparing for the Rose Bowl after their season ended, were given a title shot due to losses in the season's final weekend and went into the the other team's backyard as a 4 point dog. On top of that, they played a pretty good game except for those six 15 yard penalties, dropped TD pass and horrendous interceptions. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On a side note:

<_<

Let's see...osu ranked #1, LSU ranked #2. osu had 1 loss and LSU had 2 going into the championship.

Do you see where the choking comes into effect here or are you that hard of a Buckeye fan or hater of the SEC or LSU that you are blinded by loyalty.

On a side note:

<_<

Let's see...osu ranked #1, LSU ranked #2. osu had 1 loss and LSU had 2 going into the championship.

Do you see where the choking comes into effect here or are you that hard of a Buckeye fan or hater of the SEC or LSU that you are blinded by loyalty.

Pretty much the entire world, outside of Ohio, picked LSU in that game.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

On a side note:

<_<

Umm.....the nature of the BCS rankings system and the way it punishes teams for losing meant that any 1-loss team that played a decent schedule (sorry Hawaii and Kansas) would be ahead of LSU in the rankings. However, as schedules are typically widely different in quality, and records aren't necessarily the best indicators of who is better, rankings are somewhat meaningless once you determine who is playing in this game.

However...LSU was the 5 1/2 point favorite, and I, like many others, picked LSU in that game. Given that most people outside of Ohio had LSU winning, and LSU was the favorite, I'm not sure how Ohio State "choked" in this game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I love how people use the 0-9 against SEC schools as some sort of meaningful stat. That's 0-9 vs. various teams with different coaches and players. I don't understand what a 1979 Ohio State team has to do with a 2007 one? I could understand if you were 0-9 vs the same team in a conference and both teams had the same coaching staffs or one team did, but the use of this pointless stat shows how people use stats to make an argument seem valid. Now if you said that Jim Tressel coached teams are 0 for whatever then you have a valid argument. That would be like saying that because team A beat team B 10 times from 1956-1966 has a bearing on the two teams meeting this weekend.

Agreed, that's why this whole Ohio St bashing because they lost the last coulpe of years is quite lame. And I'm not even a fan of OSU.

As I said in another thread...

That 0-9 vs. The SEC is for Bowl games and it dates back to at least 1978. How the Buckeyes of 1978 apply today is anyone's guess. It's like wondering how The 2007 Royals can suck so bad because they won the World Series in 1985.

But on topic, even I have to admit, the logo is pretty witty. Lighten up Buckeye fans, based on our performance in the past two title games we probably deserve getting some :censored: from other fans. What kills me is that a lot of the :censored: is coming from fans of the other 116 D-1 teams that didn't play for the title in the past two seasons.

Ya gotta get there before you can lose one kids... :P

BB52Big.jpg

6srla9j.jpg

If you really want to hit him where it hurts, don't forget the number 6. As in 6 straight losses to Auburn.

Why are Ohio State fans coming to the rescue? Why can't you just admit you are no match for SEC football? Its okay to admit it...everyone else does, too. I honestly don't think OSU would even finish in the top 3 of the SEC itself.

The National Championship should basically just be the SEC Championship game...but from now on, at least, the SEC Champ should automatically get a bid to the MNC.

Jim Tressel;s Bowl record is quite good actually. OSU just got blown out the last two years. It happens.

Now if OSU had won, the media would be praising OSU for doubting their naysayers and rising above all the negative press and saying how the SEC isn't that great of a conference and the Big 10 is really on an upswing. The media just makes me sick.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts, it'd be one hell of a Merry Christmas! And if your momma had nuts, she'd be your daddy!

Archived