Sign in to follow this  
realmo

MLS Seattle = Emerald City FC

This would make two Wizard of Oz-related teams in one league.

...and one energy-drink related team.

This would make two Wizard of Oz-related teams in one league.

Ruby colored boots for everyone......thats a horrid name if its true...

Emerald City FC? :lol: That league is a joke.

What's next, the California Flying Monkeys?

C'mon it's MLS,

That would be Atletico Real Flying Monkeys FC

For what its worth....Emerald City Greens, and Emerald City FC ARE NOT currently registered as trademarks with the USPTO.

Emerald City FC? :lol: That league is a joke.

What's next, the California Flying Monkeys?

C'mon it's MLS,

That would be Atletico Real Flying Monkeys FC

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!11!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!

I actually like it a lot, I think it has a very soccerish feel to it.

I think it has a very suckerish feel to it.

Sorry, sorry..... I just couldn't help myself. ^_^

Ugh, at first I said it's not so bad, but then I realized the Wizard of Oz theme. That's not good.

Just go with the freaking city name.

Nothing like choosing a name that SOUNDS traditional (Emerald City FC) over one that actually IS traditional (Seattle Sounders)...

The more I hear MLS teams going with the city name followed by FC, the more I like it, but Emerald City FC just sounds a bit too gimmicky for my tastes.

I can understand the gimmicky argument, but Dallas Burn, New York New Jersey MetroStars were much more gimmicky without the attempt to have familiar ring to it. I like the step MLS is taking and this is the next one. When i first heard the name Arsenal, I didnt understand it, or know where they were from, but I figured it out. The "City+ Nickname" is fine, but I think there is room for variations. I was disappointed in the MLS when they half-assed it with New York Red Bulls as opposed to Red Bull New York as well as rejecting Dynamo Houston. Emerald City works for me. I feel like a a variation to the home city's name seems to make it belong to the fans even more, if that makes any sense.

I can understand the gimmicky argument, but Dallas Burn, New York New Jersey MetroStars were much more gimmicky without the attempt to have familiar ring to it. I like the step MLS is taking and this is the next one. When i first heard the name Arsenal, I didnt understand it, or know where they were from, but I figured it out. The "City+ Nickname" is fine, but I think there is room for variations. I was disappointed in the MLS when they half-assed it with New York Red Bulls as opposed to Red Bull New York as well as rejecting Dynamo Houston. Emerald City works for me. I feel like a a variation to the home city's name seems to make it belong to the fans even more, if that makes any sense.

Uhhh...it is Red Bull New York.

Y'Know, a more simplified version of this would be nice.

As long as they ditch that pastel green and simplify it like you said I'd be fine with that.