"Progressive Field" With Logo

Burning River

I don't like it... obviously. There are worse, so I guess I'll be happy in that regards. I was hoping for "Indians Park" and then using naming rights for the Entrance Gates. "Progressive Park" may sound better.

-BR

===================

From the Cleveland Plain Dealer:

Progressive Field is Tribe's new' home

Friday, January 11, 2008

Jacobs Field, the Indians' home since 1994, will now be called Progressive Field, according to a source close to the team.

The Indians reached an agreement Thursday with Progressive Insurance for the naming rights of the 40,000-seat facility on the corner of Ontario Street and Carnegie Avenue. Progressive is a Mayfield Village-based company owned by billionaire/philanthropist Peter Lewis.

An official announcement is expected today.

In 2007, the Indians hired IMG to find a buyer for the naming rights to the ballpark. It has been called Jacobs Field since the day it opened on April 4, 1994, in honor of former owners Richard and David Jacobs. Richard Jacobs paid $10 million for the naming rights, which expired in 2006. The Indians have been looking for a more lucrative arrangement since that deal ran out.

PNC Bank Corp. is paying the Pirates $2 million a year through 2020 for the right to call their ballpark PNC Park. The Reds will receive $2.5 million a year through 2033 from Great American Insurance and Citizens Bank is paying the Phillies $2.3 million a year through 2028 for its naming rights.

-- Paul Hoynes (Indians Beat Writer)

New nickname-

The Prog?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Goddamn uppity libs. They ruin everything, including the names of baseball stadiums.

That's what crossed my mind as well ... there's a left-wing stadium bias? Somebody get a hold of Bill O'Reilly!

I wonder if Kenny Mayne will show up to the stadium?

I saw, I came, I left.

There goes one of the better stadium names of the last 20 years.

Good possibility Wrigley is next.

isn't wrigley a corporate sponsor name too? Wrigleys gum come to mind? maybe I'm wrong in this but I think this was one of the 1st corporate sponsored ball parks.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Logo Added: Would't Wahoo be nicer than the "Indians Script"?? Too much empty space around "FIELD".

progressivefield.jpg

And really boring choice of a font for "FIELD." Make it bigger and in a better font and it might be okay.

Let's look on the bright side. Maybe they'll use one of those mobile response vehicles (Ford Explorers, if memory serves me) to bring pitchers out of the bullpen. It could signal a return to the era of bullpen cars.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Logo Added: Would't Wahoo be nicer than the "Indians Script"?? Too much empty space around "FIELD".

progressivefield.jpg

Slapped together in five minutes with a busted copy of Paint Shop Pro.

Words fail me. That is so unbelievably amateurish, everyone involved should be shamed beyond belief.

progressivefield.jpg

Slapped together in five minutes with a busted copy of Paint Shop Pro.

Words fail me. That is so unbelievably amateurish, everyone involved should be shamed beyond belief.

Speaking of slapped together in five minutes.

At least they had the decency to make an alternate logo in case the Indians are losing:

Regressive.png

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

New nickname-

The Prog?

They can play Genesis and Van Der Graaf Generator between innings.

isn't wrigley a corporate sponsor name too? Wrigleys gum come to mind? maybe I'm wrong in this but I think this was one of the 1st corporate sponsored ball parks.

It's named for the Wrigley family, not the chewing gum. No naming rights are paid, and no Wrigley's-related graphics are used, so it's not a "corporate sponsor name."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

New nickname-

The Prog?

It's named for the Wrigley family, not the chewing gum. No naming rights are paid, and no Wrigley's-related graphics are used, so it's not a "corporate sponsor name."

The Wrigley family that owns the team is the same Wrigley family that owns a chewing gum empire. They're in talks to sell the Cubs and all related assets to the same guy who owns the Chicago Tribune, and the possibility of renaming Wrigley Field has been much-speculated upon.

Sigs are for sissies.

New nickname-

The Prog?

The Wrigley family that owns the team is the same Wrigley family that owns a chewing gum empire. They're in talks to sell the Cubs and all related assets to the same guy who owns the Chicago Tribune, and the possibility of renaming Wrigley Field has been much-speculated upon.

I believe the Tribune is in talks to sell the Cubs, the Wrigley family has no connection

Archived