Milwaukee Admirals one-off sweaters

Gothamite

The Milwaukee Admirals, continuing their partnership with the Brewers (much of their ownership group is made up of Brewer players, ownership and management, the NL club is their jersey sponsor, and the two teams sell combination ticket packages), are wearing a sweater influenced by the old Brewers' blue roads on Saturday.

That sweater seems to have been leaked on the Admirals' website:

Brewers-retro-jersey-Call-o.jpgBrewers-Jerseys_Call-out2.jpg

I'm really disappointed. I would have loved for it to say "Milwaukee" like the original Brewers jerseys did:

kuenn715.jpg

What a missed opportunity.

EDIT: That damned Admiral webmaster keeps uploading new graphics with the same name, foiling my hotlinking.

Well, I guess I wasn't that far off, but I still like my idea better.

mil-alt2.png

mil-alt1.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the Admirals across the chest, it makes the jersey more of a Brewers inspired look than just a Brewers hockey jersey. Not that it wouldn't look bad with Milwaukee across the chest, I just think for the team Admirals makes more sense.

Funny thing is, I hate the blue pullovers in baseball, but as a hockey jersey, not so bad.

Can anyone tell me how long the contract with Reebok is to sport the 'Edge' jerseys, if there is a specific contract madating the use of the jerseys ?

Can individual teams decide to opt out or is it mandatory for a certain period of time?

Why do teams do this? Some really minor league team (the Youngstown Steel Hounds) just did Ohio State Unis.

To auction them off for money, and as a promotion to attract fans. You need more than just a game to get people to come in the minors (usually).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, I fixed it in the first post.

Interesting - if that graphic is accurate, the reports were correct and the AHL alts are not using the RBK EDGE template.

Most definitely. The Wolves have been wearing 3rd jerseys at home this year, and they're the same style and cut as their 06/07 version. Doesn't seem to be hurting them in the standings when they go up against a performance-enhanced, Edge-clad team. I believe Philadelphia also wore a non-Edge one off around the start of the season.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The respective difference between them saying "Admirals" and "Milwaukee" is the difference between me saying "oh, those look nice" and getting me to drop my hard earned money on one of them.

Seriously... is it so much to ask that ONE Milwaukee team actually puts "Milwaukee" on a jersey. They'll never have the statewide appeal of the Packers or Badgers... and that's OK!!!

Okay... is it so much for me to ask for one of the Milwaukee teams that actually sells jerseys to put the city name on it.

And Mockba... you've really been reaching for those "you hate Northern Wisconsin" accusations lately. Just give it up man :rolleyes:

These uniforms transcend half-assing.

Not even getting into the wordmark deal, there's no hem stripes, the neckline overlaps like an old replica football jersey, and they couldn't be bothered to even wear matching socks? And wearing the white helmets just kinda caps off the crapulence of it all.

Archived