The best shoe of all time

specialk

There have been some great shoes developed over time, my personal favourite, are the Penny Hardaways of the mid nineties with the commercials involving little penny and tyra banks, those were great shoes. What do you guys think are the best shoes of all time?

Air Zoom Generation-AkA Lebron's

Damn those things are ugly.

My vote goes to Chuck Taylors, even though they're impossible to wear as a basketball shoe now.

I remember (I think) the first Iversons, black with gold trim. I had some. Probably the only "cool" shoe that I had when they first came out. I was planning on posting a link to what I'm, uh, "ballin'" in right now (Adidas ADAN 3 Low) but I can't find a pic of them for my life.

I nominate also the first Jordans, but some of the stuff Nike came out with in the late 80's-early 90's...needs to stay there. *shudders*

Hi-Top Ponys

I loved my Hi-Top Ponys.  These were mine.  My son now wears them.  I bought these in 1980.  They are blue suede.

I bought Pony's until I was unable to find them anymore.

I usually wear Reebok Crosstrainers.  Great shoes for P.E. teachers. :D

RiseMid_Home.jpg

This is what I roll with. I'm lucky I was able to get these in size 15 (yeah, i got big feet -- and you know what they say :D ). And I agree... Lebron's shoe is horribly ugly.

Carmelo's shoe is nice, and the perfect example of how to do 'old school', the inside is made out of a very nice, luxurious material. Dunno the name of the material but it seems like it would get pretty nasty once it gets sweaty.

But the best, by far, have had the Jordan Logo on them.  Too many good ones to pick just one.

Air Zoom Generation-AkA Lebron's

My vote goes to Chuck Taylors, even though they're impossible to wear as a basketball shoe now.

I agree with the Chuck Taylors, I just bought the new Chucks, the converse all-stars 2k4, i actually use them to ball in, with extra support in the back cause they're so flat. They're nice shoes tho.

I'm shocked and appalled! I never thought I'd see the day where grown men sat around discussing footwear.

That's it... everyone in the car. we're all going out for a pint and a cigar.

Hell yeah.  Anyone who knows the name of their shoes cares too much about footwear.

a true confession, my junior and senior years, most days i wore shoes i'd found in the locker room.  most of junior year, i had some blue/gold/white nikes, though they started talking by the end of senior year...thankfully, i'd found some Iversons before then...they were gray and red, one of our rival's colors, but they fit and they were free :D

worth noting, i'd found some jordans too, but these particular ones were fugly so i put em back.

Either Doc Martens or Korean Jump Boots (paratrooper boots)...i own both, both are comfortable as all hell.

And I prefer scotch. Single Malt.  And being Canadian, I can smoke Cubans.

I roll out with my New Balances.  Perfect for a size 13.5 shoe with 4E width.

Best shoe has to be those ones with the little pump in the tongue to make them tighter.  Instant comedy material.

I'm shocked and appalled! I never thought I'd see the day where grown men sat around discussing footwear.

That's it... everyone in the car. we're all going out for a pint and a cigar.

i'm not in on the shoe discussion, but can i still join you for the pint or 7.

It would be a tie between my 1985 Air Jordans (somewhere in a box in my parents' house, I think) and my black and white checkered Vans from 1982.  I was stunned in disbelief when I discovered that they're selling the latter again.  When I first came across them in a local mall two summers ago, I immediately purchased a pair.  Strange thing is, they were the same price I paid for them in 2002 as I did in 1982.

Archived