Fixing the Cowboys road jerseys

rcb05

It's always bugged me how the Cowboys road jersey has none of the same style elements of the home (number style, striping, wordmark, etc). So I wanted to see what it would look like if you made it more or less a mirror image of the home jersey. I think I like the results

CURRENT ROAD JERSEY:

NFLF-Tony_Romo_110506.jpg

MY CONCEPT:

2185268443_d806e83bdc_o.jpg

Changes seem pretty obvious, but I'll elaborate. Got rid of the trim on the numbers, changed the striping to be like the home jersey (home has blue stripes with black trim), got rid of the wordmark under the collar and made the collar the same color as the jersey (like the home uni).

C&C welcome.

I like it too. If we're not gonna get the same colors(which I'm slowly getting used to, haven't been a football fan THAT long), we might as well get the same design! So, bravo!

...though very secretly, I'd KILL to know what the homes would look like if they were done in the same style as the roads(keeping the royal blue and silver-green, of course) *hint hint*

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I am 100% on board with unifying the silvers in their unis, it bugs the crap out of me (even as a lifelong Cowboys fan). The blues I have come to terms with, because let's face it, if you made the star on the helmet royal blue, it wouldn't look as good, and if you made the home jersey numbers navy blue, it wouldn't look as good. The uniform is unfortunately too iconic to change very much at this point.

i ike what youve done, great photoshoping and i reckon it looks better than what they have now. but it really doesnt bother me about "unifying" the uniforms. i think theres way too much of it in US sports, because it stifles creativity and you end up with loads of "inverted" looking uniform sets. i personally love both the cowboys home and road uniforms, totally agree that theyre iconic and reckon if they look good leave them be. after all you shouldnt really ever see both at the same time.

(ps. check out the brazil away kit for what i think is the most iconic of the "doesnt match the home uniform but should never be changed" uniforms.)

Yes the jersey above, better yet - the star on the shoulder. Just like the Alts they wear on Thanksgiving, but away darks.

IMO - that's the ticket.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It's always bugged me how the Cowboys road jersey has none of the same style elements of the home (number style, striping, wordmark, etc). So I wanted to see what it would look like if you made it more or less a mirror image of the home jersey. I think I like the results

CURRENT ROAD JERSEY:

NFLF-Tony_Romo_110506.jpg

MY CONCEPT:

2185268443_d806e83bdc_o.jpg

Changes seem pretty obvious, but I'll elaborate. Got rid of the trim on the numbers, changed the striping to be like the home jersey (home has blue stripes with black trim), got rid of the wordmark under the collar and made the collar the same color as the jersey (like the home uni).

C&C welcome.

Thats my quarterback :cry:

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived