NFL Revamp #1

Jezus_Ghoti

There are a lot of fantastic NFL concepts on the boards these days. I haven't really posted much of my own work because I'm far from a skilled graphic designer, but I figured I'd give it a try.

My goal with this project is not to make any drastic changes. Some teams are perfect and I don't plan on touching them. All I want to do is fix the things that are currently wrong with some teams.

First up is the Cardinals. Obviously, I haven't changed too much here. A brief rundown of what I did:

- No more gray facemask

- No more red shoulder yoke

- No more red pants (they look bad with both jerseys)

- A number font that echoes the logo

jezusghoti_cardinals.png

I'd also like to acknowledge andrewharrington's awesome template, which quite obviously was the inspiration for my own new template.

i think with different numbers and maybe red away pants you could have a winner.

I don't know about that. I kinda agree with Jezus that the red pants look awful with either jersey and plus with red pants you'd need a white stripe, and then you're back to the same mess they currently have.

I definitely think the white mono away in this concept has enough red in it that it wouldn't be boring and therefore doesn't need red pants. I'm a huge fan of the helmet color matching the pants color and it does here, so I like it as is.

My only gripe is maybe with the serifs. I don't know if they really accomplish the goal of tying the numbers to the logo and I think the concept would look just as good without them. They could stay or go as far as I'm concerned

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Like the numbers, but not so sure about the red facemask.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Out of curiosity, why not? I never understood the grey facemask, I was among the shocked when they didn't change it after redoing the unis. What are you other options? White? Way too bland. Black? Okay but IMO inferior to red. It's the perfect color for it.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Congrats on making a second Atlanta Falcons, I guess. If that wasn't your aim (and I'm assuming it wasn't), then I think that this baby needs to go back to the drawing board.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

For everyone who says that this looks like the Falcons/Broncos, I'll just point out that I used the exact same template that the Cardinals currently use. All I did to it was recolor the shoulder yoke.

I agree that the uniforms look like Atlanta, but it's not my doing. My goal was to just make a few small changes (facemask color, number font, removing the red pants with the broken stripe).

Out of curiosity, why not? I never understood the grey facemask, I was among the shocked when they didn't change it after redoing the unis. What are you other options? White? Way too bland. Black? Okay but IMO inferior to red. It's the perfect color for it.

If you keep a white helmet, use a red facemask. If you tried a red helmet, yellow facemask. It's the beak, see.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

THEY SHOULD GO WITH A RED HELMET

1. No

2. No

3. Don't use ALL CAPS

4. No

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

If you keep a white helmet, use a red facemask. If you tried a red helmet, yellow facemask. It's the beak, see.

I'm sorry, what? I definitely get the idea of a yellow facemask on a red helmet with the yellow as the beak... but I don't see how the white/red combo makes sense... I don't know too many birds with a red beak and the cardinal definitely does not.

Anyway, my only point was that I don't understand why the team didn't change the grey facemask to red after the update a few years back. Woulda been a smart move.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Oh, I was only justifying the yellow mask with red helmet as being a beak. Red with a white helmet would just look like a more modern helmet than hanging on to a grey mask with excessively modern uniforms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived