NFL Revamp #2

Jezus_Ghoti

The 2nd team I looked at after the Cardinals is the Titans. I thought long and hard about changing the color of the helmet of the primary logo, but I decided that I would prefer for the franchise to have some continuity.

I did take some other risks, though. A quick rundown:

- No more pointy stripes on the helmet

- Added accents to the shoulder yoke

- No more navy jersey or pants

- New number font that is in the same style as the wordmark (and looks a bit less computery)

- Pants stripes that look like swords (inspired by a Vikings concept that Avenger posted a long time ago)

jezusghoti_titans.png

Now that I see that, I'm not sure if the Titans should have a red alternate, ever. I'm not saying that's a bad job, it just doesn't fit the franchise IMO and all I can see is the Houston Texans with a white helmet. On a side note, that fifth jersey makes it ever more clear how great it'd be if the Texans wore navy socks with the battle red mono.

ANYWAY, back on topic, I love the concept. My one suggestion would be to try a light blue facemask. It might bind the away set together better.

And the numbers... I know what you're trying and it looks more uniform... but those numbers just POP off the jersey. And I know that's normally good but they don't look like they belong... I'm not sure how you could fix that, maybe it's just me. The numbers on the back could be a bit bigger though.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

The home jersey looks nice, although may I suggest changing to a solid version of that font. As for the away jersey, I would switch the blues in the yoke area and give the same treatment to the number font. You definitely have to work on the sword too, as others have said. Also, are you planning on releasing this template?

I like the idea of beveled numbers, but a heavier font should be used. Also, I would use silver as the bevel color instead of dark blue on the light blue jersey, continuing to use dark blue to outline the numbers. I do like the pant striping.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Thanks for the comments. As I have said before, I'm not exactly a skilled designer. I tried some ambitious things with this concept, and some of them didn't quite work. I agree that the beveled numbers aren't totally working, but I don't know what to do to fix them. I don't want to use the same numbers that the Titans have now. The beveled numbers that I used here are close to the same as the new Blue Jays numbers, but maybe I need to go in a different direction.

I'm going to make some tweaks and see if I can improve on this concept.

patsox - I would happily release this template. I basically just used Paint to make a copy of andrewharrington's awesome template. As long as he's cool with it, I'll post it.

quantum - can you explain what you mean by a heavier font? Thicker? Also, I tried using silver, but I thought it looked out of place since I wasn't using it anywhere else on the concept. Maybe I'll try adding some silver.

quantum - can you explain what you mean by a heavier font? Thicker? Also, I tried using silver, but I thought it looked out of place since I wasn't using it anywhere else on the concept. Maybe I'll try adding some silver.

Yeah, a slightly thicker font would work better IMO. As for the silver, the secondary logo already has it. I think a more subtle shadow color for the bevel would work better against the dark jersey. The more I think about it, using silver and dark blue for the numbers on the white jersey would look nice because it would balance out the amount of light blue used in the pants.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The 2nd team I looked at after the Cardinals is the Titans. I thought long and hard about changing the color of the helmet of the primary logo, but I decided that I would prefer for the franchise to have some continuity.

I did take some other risks, though. A quick rundown:

- No more pointy stripes on the helmet

- Added accents to the shoulder yoke

- No more navy jersey or pants

- New number font that is in the same style as the wordmark (and looks a bit less computery)

- Pants stripes that look like swords (inspired by a Vikings concept that Avenger posted a long time ago)

jezusghoti_titans.png

Looks pretty good. I always liked the pointy stripes on the helmet. I don't see any reason to take them off.

Archived