Green Bay Packers Concept

burgundy

This is my concept for the Green Bay Packers. I like their current uniforms, but I just wanted to play around with some other ideas and this is what I came up with. I brought back a modernized version of the old GB logo, and to keep continuity, I made the whole logo set with block letters. The biggest change in the uniforms is the striping. I didn't want to go modern with this design since I don't think the packers would look good in modern styled uniforms, but I wanted something a little bit different.

logos

gbay-logos.jpg

Uniform

gbay-jerseys.jpg

spacer.png

I don't really like it. If you're changing the logo I think you should go for something completely different, otherwise it will just look worse in comparison to the real one. I can't honestly say i think it's an improvement, seems more like change for the sake of it.

If you are radically changing the logo used as is in this case, why are you afraid of developing a unique uniform set? Assume that if the fans accept your new logo, they'll be receptive to a uniform change. As is, they don't go well together.

Anyway, nice attempt but I don't care for it. The secondary logo is OK. The new primary is too mechanical looking. I don't really care for the striping or the overuse of yellow. The application of green should be stronger.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Why is it that no one questions yellow pants on the Packers, but if someone did a Bears or Dolphins concept with orange pants, all hell would break loose here?

Is it the theory that when the secondary color is the helmet color then it should also be the pants color? If that's so, then where's the clamoring for red Bills pants?

My point is, that as long as a uniform style is old enough we give it a free pass, but when someone tries it on another team, people scream foul.

Why is it that no one questions yellow pants on the Packers, but if someone did a Bears or Dolphins concept with orange pants, all hell would break loose here?

Is it the theory that when the secondary color is the helmet color then it should also be the pants color? If that's so, then where's the clamoring for red Bills pants?

My point is, that as long as a uniform style is old enough we give it a free pass, but when someone tries it on another team, people scream foul.

Actually, both have been done and hell hasn't broken loose yet. A Browns concept with orange pants was posted just 3 days ago and most seemed receptive to the idea. Similar has been done to the Dolphins(by the way, in the case of the Dolphin's helmet, the "theory" would call for white pants to match the white helmet"), without incident.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Well, I'd like to see red Bills pants myself ...

Orange is really just a trim color with the Bears, as opposed with the Illini. This will make little sense, but with some teams the secondary colors are more primary than with other teams. Think of Illinois as navy, orange and white, and the Bears as navy, white and orange. So the Dolphins are really aqua, white and orange.

Having said that ... I would prefer green away pants. Their road look (both currently and this one) has too much yellow and not nearly enough green.

Packers-2.png

These are my general rules (keep in mind that most teams use a dark and a light color, plus accents):

I like the helmet to match the pants whenever possible, except for all white uniforms, which get a pass on that. Either way, I don't generally like three color uniforms (different helmet, jersey and pant colors), though there are exceptions to that rule. On with my general prefs. A dark helmet always has a dark jersey and light pants at home and the option of all white or white with dark pants on the road. A silver helmet always has silver pants. A gold helmet always has gold pants. A light colored helmet that is not the dominant color (like Green Bay) always has matching pants. A light colored helmet that is the dominant color (like Cincinnati in their alternate) has a matching jersey at home and the option of all white or white with matching pants on the road. A team with two dark colors (like Baltimore) is an exception: I might try to do color A helmet with color B jersey and light pants at home, then color A helmet with the option of all white or white jersey and color B pants on the road. I then balance it out with helmet-color socks.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived