Milwaukee Brewers Logo Concept

bohob

Here is my Milwaukee Brewers logo concept. I updated the glove by making it shine a little, but without gradients, so it will resize well. I based the colors off the current scheme, but I added powder blue because I think it would work as a road uniform color, like the Padres sand. (Although I originally thought the Padres should have powder blues, and the Brewers should have the sand because it looks like beer.)

Anyways, enjoy! C&C welcome, and I will get uniforms ready soon!

Brewers logo

I think it works for an improvement. It probably isn't something many people would notice, but it certainly brings it up to date. I would usually say adding all the accents is unnecessary, but that also works here in my opinion.

Speaking as someone who doesn't like the glove logo, you did a fantastic job with the highlights. It really has a 3D feel. Despite concerns of it being too dark, the current color scheme is much better than the old one. Excellent work.

Still don't like the logo though. :P

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Who's the guy that says his duty in life is to promote the ball-in-glove logo to worldwide acceptance (or something)?

Anyway, I guess I just didn't like the colors or something. The bottom-left one on the new set is actually very good for an update.

I like the subtle change , but I dont think you have done enough to it to make it modern ...

Seems like it just needs a total re-work , keep the glove and ball idea but re-design it in a different way with the Brewers colours of today ...

I updated the glove by making it shine a little
i've never seen a glove shine like that...

Exactly. I'm wondering why everything modern has to be 'shiny'? It's not a particularly good look, and on top of that, the technique is butchered by so many people that it's become a joke to the logo world. You see a shiny logo, you think, "Here we go again. How trendy!" Correctly highlighting a logo is not 'making it shine'.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I updated the glove by making it shine a little
i've never seen a glove shine like that...

Exactly. I'm wondering why everything modern has to be 'shiny'? It's not a particularly good look, and on top of that, the technique is butchered by so many people that it's become a joke to the logo world. You see a shiny logo, you think, "Here we go again. How trendy!" Correctly highlighting a logo is not 'making it shine'.

I agree. Lighting effects have their place, but not on the logo alone. Then there is the question of proper application of the effect, but that's another discussion.

As for this particular instance, the changes made to this logo is not an improvement except for maybe the shading on the baseball.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I too think that the bottom left one is the best. It's quite a good transition into a modern Brewers logo from their old logo.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

Archived