Vikings stadium

winghaz

That said...how do warm weather teams without roofs fare in the playoffs?

That you can look up for yourself. :D

Before the Metrodome 4 Super Bowl Appearances Since the Metrodome 0

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That said...how do warm weather teams without roofs fare in the playoffs?

That you can look up for yourself. :D

I'm debating, but it looks like a lot of work for little gain.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

the discussion of a new Vikes stadium isn't even gonna be discussed in the 2008 legislation in Minnesota... so the wait continues. If it wasn't for the bridge collapse, I bet it would have some talk about it, but it's not gonna happen this year.

That's true, but stadiums have been built before without state funding. I wonder of the stadium commission is looking at that.

Heres a couple pics of the proposed vikings stadium:

vikings901.jpg

vikings900.jpg

vikings700.jpg

The top two pics are the same building (which is a $1 billion proposal to "renovate" the Metrodome site with a retractable roof stadium), the bottom pic is an outdated proposal (the old Anoka County porposal in suburban Blaine) that nearly passed the legislature a few years ago.

I'm not sure the length of the current Vikes Metrodome lease, but yes, they could play a season or two after the Twins leave (their new ballpark will open in 2010) in the Univ. of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium which will open in the fall of 2009. Both of which have broken ground. Twins ballpark construction web-cam. TCF Bank Stadium construction web-cam.

Moose

Heres a couple pics of the proposed vikings stadium:

vikings901.jpg

vikings900.jpg

vikings700.jpg

The top two pics are the same building (which is a $1 billion proposal to "renovate" the Metrodome site with a retractable roof stadium), the bottom pic is an outdated proposal (the old Anoka County porposal in suburban Blaine) that nearly passed the legislature a few years ago.

I'm not sure the length of the current Vikes Metrodome lease, but yes, they could play a season or two after the Twins leave (their new ballpark will open in 2010) in the Univ. of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium which will open in the fall of 2009. Both of which have broken ground. Twins ballpark construction web-cam. TCF Bank Stadium construction web-cam.

Moose

Are they still trying the "renovate the Metrodome" proposal? Last I heard was a plan that involved shacking up with the Gophers while they tear down the dome and build a new one in its place. I could be wrong though, I hear things and it's hard to know if there is any truth.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I'll tell you one thing, that new Gophers stadium is gonna be a thing of beauty.

Anyway, having been a Rams fan ever since they moved to St. Louis, I gotta say that I'm getting really sick and tired of the Jones dome. I've been to one Rams game in there, and have even played there.

It's just dull and uninspired. I take a look around at the other Stadiums around the NFL and all of them (except for the Metrodome and Georgia Dome) seem to have something that makes it unique. While the Metrodome, Georgia Dome, and Jones Dome really have nothing to set themselves apart from other traditional dome stadiums like that. It's very similar to the cookie cutter stadiums from the 60's and 70's in baseball.

Now, at least the Vikings will probably get a new stadium, or renovate their current one in the near future. As for the Rams, well, I'm probably stuck with the ugly Jones Dome for a while. I dunno about Atlanta, but I don't see them leaving the Georgia Dome in a while.

While I don't really like the Superdome either, for some reason I feel it has some uniqueness to it that the other dome stadiums I mentioned don't. So I didn't include it.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The Superdome is unique, but it still sucks as a football venue. I'll take old Tulane Stadium anytime, even with those rock hard wooden bleacher seats. This is what the Saints need to do:

saints102.gif

saints101.gif

Note how the roof is a crescent (NO being nicknamed the Crescent City because of the bend in the river) and how in this proposal they could ferry people from across the river to the stadium the way the Giants do at AT&T Park.

Here's another NO icon that uses the crescent theme:

badge.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Are they still trying the "renovate the Metrodome" proposal? Last I heard was a plan that involved shacking up with the Gophers while they tear down the dome and build a new one in its place. I could be wrong though, I hear things and it's hard to know if there is any truth.

That's the last proposal I've heard. That's basically the same way the Xcel Energy Center was built a few miles away, on the site of the old St. Paul Civic Center. [The Wild didn't exist yet though, so no need to plop them in some other building during the (re)construction.]

CCSLC signature.png

That's the last proposal I've heard. That's basically the same way the Xcel Energy Center was built a few miles away, on the site of the old St. Paul Civic Center. [The Wild didn't exist yet though, so no need to plop them in some other building during the (re)construction.]

That's a good point - this is a renovation in the loosest sence of the term. I.E., tear the whole thing down, and just build a new stadium on the old spot. It's what a lot of folks do instead of flipping homes near where I grew up. It's just easier (and cheaper) to buy a older house and tear it down and build new than do so in a new sub-division.

Moose

Archived