MLS Rebrand: Arsenal Colorado

heernumurr

this is my second attempt at rebranding colorado, check out the original idea here.

there was a lot of great C&C given for the first concept and ive tried to apply as many of those ideas as possible. so the main changes mentioned were:

- the canon: a few people suggested changing the canon to give colorado more of a unique identity. a more 3D approach was mentioned, so i gave that a go. im really pleased with the results, but it didnt work with the original crest, so i had to lose the rocky mountain imagery. i really would have liked to keep it, as it screamed "colorado" to me, but i had to go with what i thought looked best for the overall identity.

- nike sponsorship: in the first concept i went with the global MLS sponsorship by adidas, but nike seems to be more in keeping with the arsenal brand, so its resulted in simpler shirts, but gave me the opportunity to do the white sleeves without the three stripes getting in the way.

- shorts: yay shorts! everyone wanted to see them, so here they are avec socks for the complete kit package.

thanks to gordie for his ideas, you'll notice the ones i completely ripped off, but its all for a good cause! :D

coloradosheet2.png

Love this man, so nice. Old school, with a twist, very classy

untitled-6.jpg

Crest 2.B, if - IF - you were to adopt the Arsenal Colorado brand.

That said, I'm not entirely excited about purposely apeing the uniforms of an EPL side, even if a partnership of some sort existed between the MLS club and EPL team. After all, you took Red Bull to task for homogenizing the world of sports by slapping their brand all over teams. While the "Arsenal" brand makes sense for the Colorado club given the location of its stadium, I don't think there is any reason to be borrowing logos or uniform templates - even historic ones - from another club.

Archived