Raiders & MNF

MORE TV

Hey man how your doing.

I've alway wondered why is it while the Raiders was still playing in Los Angeles that they never hosted a MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GAME. Was is because there was no light at the Coloseium at the time or what. :blink:

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

Hey man how your doing.

I've alway wondered why is it while the Raiders was still playing in Los Angeles that they never hosted a MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GAME. Was is because there was no light at the Coloseium at the time or what. :blink:

Well here is why the Coliseum was sooooooooooooooo big it never sold out so rather then have a black out for MNF in the LA market they did not have any Raider home games.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Hey man how your doing.

Well here is why the Coliseum was sooooooooooooooo big it never sold out so rather then have a black out for MNF in the LA market they did not have any Raider home games.

The blackout rule also apply for MNF?

YOU WILL BE MISS.

Hey man how your doing.

The blackout rule applies for every single game the NFL plays, even the Super Bowl. Of course, the Super Bowl will never be blacked out again and I think Super Bowl I, the only one that didn't sell out, is the only one that's ever been blacked out.

I'd also like to add that for the longest there's been a supposed "conspiracy" against the Raiders, and them not having any MNF games at the Coliseum would add fuel to that fire.

I think it's funny. Al Davis vs. the NFL makes so much sense, but Tank's explanation makes even more sense.

Hey man how your doing.

The blackout rule applies for every single game the NFL plays, even the Super Bowl. Of course, the Super Bowl will never be blacked out again and I think Super Bowl I, the only one that didn't sell out, is the only one that's ever been blacked out.

That very well maybe the reason, but also the reason I've heard, living here in Los Angeles, was because of the rowdy crowds as well. It wasn't until the final years in L.A. that the Coliseum had a reduced seating capacity, going from 92,000 to 67,000. But even then, the sellouts for Raiders (and Rams) home games were still pretty rare.

I'd also like to add that for the longest there's been a supposed "conspiracy" against the Raiders, and them not having any MNF games at the Coliseum would add fuel to that fire.

I think it's funny. Al Davis vs. the NFL makes so much sense, but Tank's explanation makes even more sense.

And you've just stumbled upon Occam's Razor. Simply put, the most likely explanation is normally the best one. Congratulations!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Too bad because I think everyone will agreed with me that there is alway special about having primetime NFL game in your own city. I'm mean if the Rams was still in LA that their game vs. the Steelers last month was going to be a big deal locally as I found when I was living in San Diego during the Bobby Ross era Chargers runs.

YOU WILL BE MISS.

Too bad because I think everyone will agreed with me that there is alway special about having primetime NFL game in your own city. I'm mean if the Rams was still in LA that their game vs. the Steelers last month was going to be a big deal locally as I found when I was living in San Diego during the Bobby Ross era Chargers runs.

What? :blink:

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah...it was so special that they retired Marshall Faulk's jersey in a desperate and cynical attempt to get fans to buy tickets. (Then they went and half-a$$ed the ceremony...making them look like fools and a joke shop operation to all watching in the process.) <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can't tell if this is bad typing or bad translation.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I can't tell if this is bad typing or bad translation.

...Or both...

:wacko:

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Hey man how your doing.

That very well maybe the reason, but also the reason I've heard, living here in Los Angeles, was because of the rowdy crowds as well. It wasn't until the final years in L.A. that the Coliseum had a reduced seating capacity, going from 92,000 to 67,000. But even then, the sellouts for Raiders (and Rams) home games were still pretty rare.

If that was the case then why did they put MNF in Cleveland I mean the Browns fans are even crazier then the Raiders fan?

And BTW...

It's both....

YOU WILL BE MISS.

Hey man how your doing.

If that was the case then why did they put MNF in Cleveland I mean the Browns fans are even crazier then the Raiders fan?

And BTW...

It's both....

I don't think Cleveland has a fan who goes by the moniker of "The Violator". :rolleyes: Seriously-Raider fans are much scarier than Browns fans.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived