Did Sonics ever have red uniforms?

theonlymember

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P0036785.jpg

I do believe they did, Sir.

I always thought those were pretty nice jerseys. Certainly in comparison to some of the others that were around during that time period. *cough Pistons Rockets cough*

I too miss that identity, esp compared to the others at the time. But I understand why the Sonics made the change back to the green and gold. Too bad they will soon be changing the cities.

But man GP to Kemp, may not have won a championship but those Sonics teams played some of the most entertaining basketball of all time.

some better pics.

Sonics1.pngSonics2.png

yeah, like y'all, i liked them, but was glad to see the change to green and gold. also, kemp was one of my all-time favorite players to watch play. just throwing that out there.

These were a prime example of how red and green can be used effectively....although, I think their regular green jerseys with the red trim were much better.

I do have to say that I really like their old 'Space Needle' logo. It was very '90's indeed, but still quite nice IMO.

some better pics.

also, kemp was one of my all-time favorite players to watch play. just throwing that out there.

Too bad he didn't believe in the Cleveland curse, kinda like LeCharles Bentley. Free Agents and other big-time players looking to trade here should think again about relocating to Cleveland.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

We Pistons fans don't like to discuss the red and teal era. Those Sonics ones just look much nicer than what we were wearing.

Whaddaya mean, ya didn't like the red and teal?! Those were the best--

*shudders* God, I can't even finish that! :rolleyes:

Sigs are for sissies.

Archived