American U

cyandlux

This is a new project where I choose schools that I feel like redesigning because I feel like it. Most likely because I feel the need to modernize or I don't like the current identity.

First up:

American

My sister got her Masters there...that was the driving force, plus it starts with an A.

I haven't gotten to the wordmark yet, but I wanted to post this before I went to work. C&C

amueagles1.png

Well, first of all, American's colors are red, white, and blue. Not teal, black, and white. Just sayin'.

The two wings look completely different. The left one is curvy and flowing, while the right one is jagged. Try and make them look somewhat the same. The head looks like you did it separately and stuck it atop the body, and the tail looks off. Overall I think you have the gist of it, but you need to simplify and unify it.

Keep working at it, I think you have something started.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Well anything would look better than this plate of hurl:

6814.gif

That being said, I think that youve done a great job. Just tweak the colors and stuff and youre good to go. Oh but I will say, the first thing I thought when I saw this was Boston College.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

The shape is outstanding. However, I think the colors need improvement.

I say keep the outline running all around the bird(or at least the wings) instead of stopping it at the end of the red. darken the red quite a bit, darken the blue around the outline, and change the main blue to what you had before. And I'm not sure about the star.

Then you've got something special. :)

I agree, that is a nice improvement. I think you should darken the red and blue by a shade, though. That, and the star placement makes me think of Texas flag, not American University. I'd either fatten the back wing (to make the hump smooth out a lot more) or remove it altogether. As is, the back wing looks like it's "growing into a beautiful young woman".

Almost there, though:

Overall: B

Colors: B-

Back Wing: 38B

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Agreed. Major improvement. The only suggestion I have is the top-right portion of the star. It can't really be a true star to make it fit in the wing but if it had that fifth point (or some modification) it'd look much better.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Those are some really long feathers you have going there on the ends of the wings, those are my biggest problem. Also fix the tail where leggman was talking about and change the claws to white.

Also, the red you using is too bright and somewhat distracting. Change it too a darker shade to make it less vibrant.

Very nice upgrade though, I'd say your very close to having a great looking logo. Great job.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

That logo is nearly perfect, huge improvement.

I think the blue still should be a bit darker, and the red may be too "vibrant."

The head still doesn't look like it doesn't really belong, it's more detailed IMO than the rest of the body. Maybe get rid of some of the small details on the beak and eye? I don't know, maybe it's just me :D

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived