Colts' podium helmet logo

Joshawaggie

No reason to touch it or add anything - and not because they're historic, but because they're PERFECT.

Why mess with perfection? The look is timeless. What possibly could they add that would "modernize" it, yet still look cool 20 years from now? Absolutely NOTHING.

Only in your opinion.

Personally, I hate the Colts' look. One of the first teams I would screw with, if they gave me the chance.

(Mmmwwhaaaahhhh-hah-hah!)

You know, as classic as the Colts' look is, I actually wouldn't mind a modern, Cardinals-esque update (well, a little less than what the Cards did) to usher in the new era of Indianapolis Colts football. With the shine of the Super Bowl win still there a little, and a new stadium coming (just like what happened with the Cards), I think it would be a good thing for them to modernize their look a little. Maybe even add silver outlines to the helmet logo and numbers.

espnsig.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No reason to touch it or add anything - and not because they're historic, but because they're PERFECT.

Why mess with perfection? The look is timeless. What possibly could they add that would "modernize" it, yet still look cool 20 years from now? Absolutely NOTHING.

Only in your opinion.

Personally, I hate the Colts' look. One of the first teams I would screw with, if they gave me the chance.

(Mmmwwhaaaahhhh-hah-hah!)

Why? The Colts are pretty much the only NFL team left that can safely say their uniform is largely untouched since the 60s. It's beyond cool to know that Johnny Unitas wore pretty much the same get-up as Peyton Manning. Changing them for the sake of changing gives you bland and undistinguishable "modern-day" pablum like the Cards and Vikings' current togs. So you've got an extra stripe, an extra outline, or maybe even a whole new logo or a jersey panel, and for what? More merchandising dollars? Nay, I say nay. If the Yankees and Dodgers can still sell with largely unchanged and traditional unis, there is no reason the Colts can't. Win and the money will come. Let the one true traditional team stand alone in a sea of swooshing, piping, and new logos.

Why? The Colts are pretty much the only NFL team left that can safely say their uniform is largely untouched since the 60s. It's beyond cool to know that Johnny Unitas wore pretty much the same get-up as Peyton Manning. Changing them for the sake of changing gives you bland and undistinguishable "modern-day" pablum like the Cards and Vikings' current togs. So you've got an extra stripe, an extra outline, or maybe even a whole new logo or a jersey panel, and for what? More merchandising dollars? Nay, I say nay. If the Yankees and Dodgers can still sell with largely unchanged and traditional unis, there is no reason the Colts can't. Win and the money will come. Let the one true traditional team stand alone in a sea of swooshing, piping, and new logos.

I'm just challenging the fact that you state that they're perfect.

IMO - there's no such thing as a perfect uniform.

Maybe that's a flaw of mine.

:P

More proof that you can never please all the people all the time. I like the traditional Colts look, but that doesn't mean I couldn't still make it look good with some modern touches.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That helmet graphic on the podium is very outdated, looks like they've been using the same one since the 80's. The league updated the helmet graphic I think in the mid to late 90's, to this 591.gif

or this for the profile

helmets_colts.gif

Plus that just looks like a cheap one-color print job. I wouldn't read anything into it.

And the Colts have one of the classiest looks in the league, but I wouldn't bet against them f***ing with it when they move into the new digs next year. This league loves to fix what isn't broken. <_<

The Colts seem to have a vested interest in preserving their uniform heritage (sock stripes aside).

Yeah, except for when they decided to sport those horrid blue pants during the Harbaugh era.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1383/119499...ab61f2c9b_o.jpg

Those were awful. I hope they never decide to "throwback" to that era ever again. Man, I'm also glad they got rid of the blue facemask. Just a bad idea.

Ok, I'll admit I'm one of maybe..... oh, 5 fans out there that actually liked the blue pants. (yes, I know GASP!)

Six.

Packers-2.png

PANTONE, though I agree with you, I think I finally discovered your true identity. Yo are Jay Sherman of "The Critic," aren't you?

Next new uniform that comes up, give us an "It Stinks!" :grin:

About_the_Show_2.jpg

I think that kinda looks good. At least it has the right color face mask. But seriously, death to gray face masks!

GRAY FACEMASKS FOREVER!!!!!

NO!!!!!! DIE, DIE, DIE!!!!!

(oopsie-daisy. sorry!)

JUST LIKE THERE SHOULD BE NO PERFECT 10'S IN THE OLYPMICS!

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts with a navy blue helmet and pants. I think it'd be an interesting look but it would really clash with what that team is all about in terms of look.

Too bad the NFL doesn't allow alternate helmets as it'd make way for an interesting alternate uniform at the very least.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts with a navy blue helmet and pants. I think it'd be an interesting look but it would really clash with what that team is all about in terms of look.

Too bad the NFL doesn't allow alternate helmets as it'd make way for an interesting alternate uniform at the very least.

I liked the blue pants as well, but I also like the white. I wish they would bring back the blue as an alt pant. No all blue though, please. And yes, blue facemasks. I don't hate grey, but I hate it on white shells. I'm lookin at you too, Arizona.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Navy blue? Really? The NFL is plagued with too much navy blue, IMO. The Rams, Chargers, Broncos, Texans, Titans, Patriots, Bills, Cowboys, Bears and Seahawks all have navy jerseys, and of those 10 teams, 4 have navy helmets and 9 of them have navy pants. When a third of the league embraces the same color(or at least similar shades of it), it's probably good NOT to switch to that.

Only the Colts, Lions, Giants and Bills(although much to our chagrin they don't use enough of it) use a basic blue. Keep the Colts in those colors.

And just to throw my 2 cents into the debate. The only thing I really need to see for the Colts is the second stripe on the helmet. And I wouldn't HATE a blue a facemask either... I agree with wilson, I also don't like the grey facemask-with-white shell combo.

As for blue pants? I'll say no, ONLY because I know that if that were an option, the players would choose/ask for the all-blue any chance they got.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Why? The Colts are pretty much the only NFL team left that can safely say their uniform is largely untouched since the 60s. It's beyond cool to know that Johnny Unitas wore pretty much the same get-up as Peyton Manning.

Funny, I don't recall seeing any pictures of Johnny Unitas wearing a jersey that had truncated stripes perched awkwardly on top of his shoulders. That alone is reason enough for me to want the Colts to update their look.

Navy blue? Really? The NFL is plagued with too much navy blue, IMO. The Rams, Chargers, Broncos, Texans, Titans, Patriots, Bills, Cowboys, Bears and Seahawks all have navy jerseys, and of those 10 teams, 4 have navy helmets and 9 of them have navy pants. When a third of the league embraces the same color(or at least similar shades of it), it's probably good NOT to switch to that.

Only the Colts, Lions, Giants and Bills(although much to our chagrin they don't use enough of it) use a basic blue. Keep the Colts in those colors.

The Seahawks don't wear Navy jerseys. And, I certainly wouldn't call the Lions' Honolulu Blue a "basic" Blue.

But, I agree with everything else you've said.

^_^

The Seahawks don't wear Navy jerseys. And, I certainly wouldn't call the Lions' Honolulu Blue a "basic" Blue.

But, I agree with everything else you've said.

^_^

Heh heh heh... even when I was typing that, I was like... "Wait, are the Seahawks jerseys NAVY? I should probably not get that wrong. Oh, it's far too late to look that up, I'll just go with Navy and I'm sure I won't look like an idiot". Thanks for the correction, they're very clearly NOT navy.

But as for the Lions... I simply said basic blue cause I felt they were closer to the Bill's blue than say the Panther's blue. That's why I stuck it in that group.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I think that kinda looks good. At least it has the right color face mask. But seriously, death to gray face masks!

GRAY FACEMASKS FOREVER!!!!!

I think we are all forgetting about the white facemask. That's the best look of the three.

589.gif

Archived