It's been FIFTY YEARS already!

wdm1219inpenna

Wow you all are on the Frisco thing. It's considered derogatory, and many gangs around the area use that and sadly, idiots actually sell merchandise toward that market. Many outsiders who visit or talk about it in general, consider it cool to say Frisco because they believe it was considered part of the local lingo, when its usually an insult.

That being said, I know you all had your fun with it, but please, at least for my sake, give it all a rest.

Kinda getting back to topic. Berman refers the then NFC Central now NFC North as the Norris, for the main reason. At the time of the 1992-93 NHL season, the teams that played in the Norris were from the same cities as the teams from the NFC Central, the exception of course Packers and Leafs.

Chicago (Bears, Blackhawks)

Detroit (Lions, Red Wings)

Minnesota (Vikings, NorthStars)

Tampa Bay (Buccaneers, Lightning)

Green Bay was the lone one the, but the previously mentioned match with them and the Leafs when they didn't win it all since the glory year of the 1967 season.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow you all are on the Frisco thing. It's considered derogatory, and many gangs around the area use that and sadly, idiots actually sell merchandise toward that market. Many outsiders who visit or talk about it in general, consider it cool to say Frisco because they believe it was considered part of the local lingo, when its usually an insult.

Really? Derogatory? Wow. Some folks take things way too seriously.

I always thought the "NFC Norris" reference was a little weak, but the realignment into North/South/East/West makes it a little more germane today than when Berman was first doing it. To deviate from topic a little yet again, I'm always kind of dumbstruck by the fact that while most people refer to basic compass directions in the order of "North, South, East, West," the NFL inexplicably lists its divisions (in its standings, for example) as "North, East, South, West."

nav-logo.png

To deviate from topic a little yet again, I'm always kind of dumbstruck by the fact that while most people refer to basic compass directions in the order of "North, South, East, West," the NFL inexplicably lists its divisions (in its standings, for example) as "North, East, South, West."

They're just moving clockwise from the top, which is a typical way to identify objects within a cluster.

To deviate from topic a little yet again, I'm always kind of dumbstruck by the fact that while most people refer to basic compass directions in the order of "North, South, East, West," the NFL inexplicably lists its divisions (in its standings, for example) as "North, East, South, West."

On the NFL.com website it's listed as East-North-South-West.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

and... just for heck of it FRISCO BAY!

I saw, I came, I left.

Try the Frisco Melt at Steak N Shake. It's the best thing you'll ever eat.

fiscomeltdinner.jpg

Listen to this kid. He knows what he is talking about.

That, a vanilla shake, and some fries sound good right now.

(drools)

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Friasco? Frickasee?

Fricasse too. Oh, and The Main Street of the Rockies too

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

On the NFL.com website it's listed as East-North-South-West.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

That's probably just a holdover from the old days when the standings were listed in order of East-Central-West. In fact, it seems that traditionally in all leagues, East is always listed first and West is always listed last. (Do I sense an East Coast bias here? :) )

Although I remember that because I've never lived out west. Do West Coast newspapers put the home-team's division first?

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Although I remember that because I've never lived out west. Do West Coast newspapers put the home-team's division first?

They do. It was weird seeing that for the first time when I moved from the East Coast to the PNW.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

They do. It was weird seeing that for the first time when I moved from the East Coast to the PNW.

Occasionally here I'll see the NFC South listed first in the paper, which kinda throws me for a minute, especially when the AFC South is listed third among its divisions. I guess at that level it's a matter of preference, but to me "N-S-E-W" seems the 'proper' way to list them.

nav-logo.png

Try the Frisco Melt at Steak N Shake. It's the best thing you'll ever eat.

fiscomeltdinner.jpg

Judging by the content of it, it may also be the last thing you ever eat.

Oh, and by the way...

FRISCO FRISCO FRISCO!

better yet:

7266434.jpg

And to drink:

Fresca.Black.Cherry.jpg

And maybe some dessert made by...

nabisco.gif

Archived