Sign in to follow this  
wdm1219inpenna

It's been FIFTY YEARS already!

Wow you all are on the Frisco thing. It's considered derogatory, and many gangs around the area use that and sadly, idiots actually sell merchandise toward that market. Many outsiders who visit or talk about it in general, consider it cool to say Frisco because they believe it was considered part of the local lingo, when its usually an insult.

That being said, I know you all had your fun with it, but please, at least for my sake, give it all a rest.

Kinda getting back to topic. Berman refers the then NFC Central now NFC North as the Norris, for the main reason. At the time of the 1992-93 NHL season, the teams that played in the Norris were from the same cities as the teams from the NFC Central, the exception of course Packers and Leafs.

Chicago (Bears, Blackhawks)

Detroit (Lions, Red Wings)

Minnesota (Vikings, NorthStars)

Tampa Bay (Buccaneers, Lightning)

Green Bay was the lone one the, but the previously mentioned match with them and the Leafs when they didn't win it all since the glory year of the 1967 season.

Wow you all are on the Frisco thing. It's considered derogatory, and many gangs around the area use that and sadly, idiots actually sell merchandise toward that market. Many outsiders who visit or talk about it in general, consider it cool to say Frisco because they believe it was considered part of the local lingo, when its usually an insult.

Really? Derogatory? Wow. Some folks take things way too seriously.

I always thought the "NFC Norris" reference was a little weak, but the realignment into North/South/East/West makes it a little more germane today than when Berman was first doing it. To deviate from topic a little yet again, I'm always kind of dumbstruck by the fact that while most people refer to basic compass directions in the order of "North, South, East, West," the NFL inexplicably lists its divisions (in its standings, for example) as "North, East, South, West."

To deviate from topic a little yet again, I'm always kind of dumbstruck by the fact that while most people refer to basic compass directions in the order of "North, South, East, West," the NFL inexplicably lists its divisions (in its standings, for example) as "North, East, South, West."

They're just moving clockwise from the top, which is a typical way to identify objects within a cluster.

To deviate from topic a little yet again, I'm always kind of dumbstruck by the fact that while most people refer to basic compass directions in the order of "North, South, East, West," the NFL inexplicably lists its divisions (in its standings, for example) as "North, East, South, West."

On the NFL.com website it's listed as East-North-South-West.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

and... just for heck of it FRISCO BAY!

I've always thought the team name referred to a type of giant. They're football-giants -- giants in the football world.

So, it's alright to bag on other cities, but call San Francisco "Frisco" and you're in a world of trouble?

:censored: that.

Frisco.

Try the Frisco Melt at Steak N Shake. It's the best thing you'll ever eat.

fiscomeltdinner.jpg

Judging by the content of it, it may also be the last thing you ever eat.

Oh, and by the way...

FRISCO FRISCO FRISCO!

better yet:

7266434.jpg

And to drink:

Fresca.Black.Cherry.jpg

fiscomeltdinner.jpg

Listen to this kid. He knows what he is talking about.

That, a vanilla shake, and some fries sound good right now.

(drools)

I personally love the fact that they call them the Football Giants. It brings back the old school kinda feeling to football, and Im a throwback kinda guy so I love it.

So, it's alright to bag on other cities, but call San Francisco "Frisco" and you're in a world of trouble?

Frisco.

My, aren't we the defiant one?

Frisco.

Frisco, Fiasco.... whatever....

Frisco.

Frisco, Fiasco.... whatever....

Friasco? Frickasee?

Friasco? Frickasee?

Fricasse too. Oh, and The Main Street of the Rockies too

Floyd the barber cuts his hair

Freakazoid, Chimpanzee

On the NFL.com website it's listed as East-North-South-West.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

That's probably just a holdover from the old days when the standings were listed in order of East-Central-West. In fact, it seems that traditionally in all leagues, East is always listed first and West is always listed last. (Do I sense an East Coast bias here? :) )

Although I remember that because I've never lived out west. Do West Coast newspapers put the home-team's division first?

Although I remember that because I've never lived out west. Do West Coast newspapers put the home-team's division first?

They do. It was weird seeing that for the first time when I moved from the East Coast to the PNW.

Let's not forget the Marie Callender's FRISCO burger.

frisco.jpg

They do. It was weird seeing that for the first time when I moved from the East Coast to the PNW.

Occasionally here I'll see the NFC South listed first in the paper, which kinda throws me for a minute, especially when the AFC South is listed third among its divisions. I guess at that level it's a matter of preference, but to me "N-S-E-W" seems the 'proper' way to list them.

fiscomeltdinner.jpg

Judging by the content of it, it may also be the last thing you ever eat.

Oh, and by the way...

FRISCO FRISCO FRISCO!

better yet:

7266434.jpg

And to drink:

Fresca.Black.Cherry.jpg

And maybe some dessert made by...

nabisco.gif