Another Round of JD's NFL Playoff Trivia

NoHoJoe

You know it was actually colder in Cincinnati for the 1981 AFC title game than it was in Green Bay for the Ice Bowl.

:cursing:

That was going to be my stumper tonight

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You know it was actually colder in Cincinnati for the 1981 AFC title game than it was in Green Bay for the Ice Bowl.

Yes, but only the wind chill, right? I always thought it was not as cold in Cincinnati as far as the temperature went, but the wind chill was colder.

Yes, but only the wind chill, right? I always thought it was not as cold in Cincinnati as far as the temperature went, but the wind chill was colder.

I think the actual game time temp was around -9 but I've heard it was a low as -21. The wind chill was a balmy -60. Whatever the case, that game makes this week's temps in Green Bay look positively tropical by comparison.

BB52Big.jpg

I heard on ESPN it was -20 actual temp -60 Wind Chill

An article in today's Boston Globe lists the temps for the '81 AFC Championship at -9 with a wind chill at -59.

Once it's below 10 why do they even bother with the actual temperature? It seems pointless. Can anyone really tell the difference between 2 above and -3? -6 and -15? Anything below 10 should just be called "really :censored:-ing cold."

I do know is that there is a brass monkey warning out for Ohio this weekend. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Well, NoHoJoe hasn't called it, but I believe illwauk was the first to have them both right. He also had the temperature, and I had the wind chill first (and I was the first to point out that the Fehrenheit temperature and Celcius temperature were the same -- THAT's how cold it was).

Archived