Williamsport Crosscutters Unveil New Logos

Brian in Boston

The Williamsport Crosscutters of the New York-Penn League have unveiled a new identity package. It was designed by Plan B Branding.

Primary Logo

rxWYIUCr.jpg

In addition to the primary mark, the identity package features several secondary logos. A "W-shaped saw logo" will be featured on the team's Red home caps. A logo depicting a "C on a stump" is set to adorn the club's Navy Blue road cap. The team's alternate cap is Red with a Navy Blue bill and features the lumberjack character from the primary mark. A "bat-and-saw" logo will adorn a sleeve patch on the team's jerseys. Additionally, logos featuring a woodpecker and a pine cone are also part of the package.

As for the aforementioned jerseys, the team's home edition is White with Red sleeves, while the road edition is Gray with Red sleeves. CUTTERS adorns the jersey chest in the shape of a crosscut saw.

The new color scheme is Phillies Red, Navy Blue, Gray, Dark Tan and Ivory.

Interesting. I'd imagine that the text would be the wording on the jersey. I'll have to see how the jersey's turn out, but I like the logo, as it feels very minor-leaguey (if thats even a word).

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

There's something about the eyes....they say psycho lumberjack to me...

But otherwise pretty good.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

now... the big question will be.... will the uniforms be plaid?

Nope. And the stitch count (the cost to embroider) of just about all of Plan B's logos is outrageous. Regardless, this is an improvement over the Rollie Fingers 'Cutters former logo, but there are a few too many questions for it to be top-notch.

Cards.png

Damn....that lumberjack looks like a rapist....

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

U2.jpg

I love everything about them....except the "CUTTERS" word. Let's give it up for the Pennsylvania Emo-Kids! :rolleyes:

However, still a solid set. It's growing on me. But still, Cutters? Ugh.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

love it. Plan B is showing off again, after a little stumble. the numbers could be more like the wordmark, which would look nice, but the rest is very good. Black Jack76, I'd assume you are right, as i have always figured this was true about their stuff, especially since i got into digitizing for embroidery at work.

now... the big question will be.... will the uniforms be plaid?

Nope. And the stitch count (the cost to embroider) of just about all of Plan B's logos is outrageous. Regardless, this is an improvement over the Rollie Fingers 'Cutters former logo, but there are a few too many questions for it to be top-notch.

You nailed my first impression. This is an attractive logo with very strong elements (though I'm not sold on how well the tree trunk, the cartoon man, and the Crosscutters wordmark integrate into a single logo) that's way too dense for actual use by a small organization. If you're the Yankees or the Redskins, you sort of don't have to care how much it costs to reproduce your logo. If you're a minor-league ballclub, that probably needs to be about number two on your list of logo-design criteria.

Those are some nice uniforms, though. (Again, however, it looks like the jersey script will have to use tackle-twill and embroidery, which a few other MiLB teams use -- Cedar Rapids, Toledo -- but even most big-league clubs try to avoid.) Nice shoulder patch; much stronger than the actual team logo. But where does the W on the home cap come from? At first glance, it does not look like an integrated part of the design.

20082614447.png

You know, something never sat right with me about the mustachioed former logo... so I really like this one.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

My biggest problem is that the shading and foreshortening of the arm holding the baseball bat make it appear tiny when compared to the overall body size. Either that, or the head seems abnormally large.

You aren't wrong. The near (right) arm is too tiny. Note the left elbow extends well below the intersection of the wordmark. The problem arm tries to cram it all above the wordmark.

Tsk Tsk.

I'd consider myself (loosely) a fan of Plan B. They aren't Phoenix. Let's put it that way. But this is TOO much.

All the secondary marks are each trying too hard in their own way. They aren't iconic, they are busy and impossible to read at distance.

And I say that, knowing I would have experimented with similarly complex ideas to start. But someone should have stopped me (them) from pushing the "Saw as W" and "Cross Section as C".

Too. Much.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

My biggest problem is that the shading and foreshortening of the arm holding the baseball bat make it appear tiny when compared to the overall body size. Either that, or the head seems abnormally large.

You aren't wrong. The near (right) arm is too tiny. Note the left elbow extends well below the intersection of the wordmark. The problem arm tries to cram it all above the wordmark.

Tsk Tsk.

I'd consider myself (loosely) a fan of Plan B. They aren't Phoenix. Let's put it that way. But this is TOO much.

All the secondary marks are each trying too hard in their own way. They aren't iconic, they are busy and impossible to read at distance.

And I say that, knowing I would have experimented with similarly complex ideas to start. But someone should have stopped me (them) from pushing the "Saw as W" and "Cross Section as C".

Too. Much.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived