The new women's professional soccer league has a name and logo...

roxfan00

*The new women's league has a name. Wait for it........

WOMEN'S PROFESSIONAL SOCCER, or WPS. They'll get started in 2009. Washington, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Dallas, Boston and St. Louis are in, San Jose is likely in. Click WPS to see their Mia Hamm-inspired logo and colors.

Washington Post

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

what the hell is Washingtons logo? I can't understand it.

It's an enormous set of lips, with overly large vampire teeth, one of which is bent by the soccer ball it tried to chomp down on.

The star and flame at the top are probably something coming out of the unseen nose.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

It's an enormous set of lips, with overly large vampire teeth, one of which is bent by the soccer ball it tried to chomp down on.

The star and flame at the top are probably something coming out of the unseen nose.

Lips or a mustache? lol

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Lips or a mustache? lol

Come on, it's WOMEN's soccer, it has to be lips.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Lips or a mustache? lol

I just thought it was Pi :wacko:

Lips or a mustache? lol

Be rational.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Oh, I see how it represents freedom too.....

They've got a great long history page, its a great read.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

That Washington logo is quite the cluster:censored: of ideas, whatever it is. And the NY/NJ one look like it should be a logo to a insurance company, or something boring like that.

like Wachovia? :blink:

wachovia_logo_jst_wach_large.jpg

Be rational.

:D

I saw, I came, I left.

I remember when Washington unveiled their logo in the run-up to the launch of the WUSA. In describing the logo, team and league officials touched upon how it was a stylized depiction of a female soccer player. The star is the player's head... the flame-like element is a ponytail... the wing-like appendages above the wordmark are stylized arms, as well as a nod to eagles wings, or some such nonsense.

Truth be told, most of the league's member-teams had logos that left a lot to be desired. I always thought that the Bay Area CyberRays (later, the San Jose CyberRays) had the best logo, though their name was asinine. The remainder of the league's logos ranged from mediocre to horrible.

I remember when Washington unveiled their logo in the run-up to the launch of the WUSA. In describing the logo, team and league officials touched upon how it was a stylized depiction of a female soccer player. The star is the player's head... the flame-like element is a ponytail... the wing-like appendages above the wordmark are stylized arms, as well as a nod to eagles wings, or some such nonsense.

Truth be told, most of the league's member-teams had logos that left a lot to be desired. I always thought that the Bay Area CyberRays (later, the San Jose CyberRays) had the best logo, though their name was asinine. The remainder of the league's logos ranged from mediocre to horrible.

Who thinks up these names?

Like is there a spreadsheet with random first and last names? ( I could probably make one, actually, then charge out me services as a name consultant)

Or does anyone know what relation Cyber has to Rays?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Like is there a spreadsheet with random first and last names? ( I could probably make one, actually, then charge out me services as a name consultant)

SanJose_CyberRays_Small.jpg

SanJose_CyberRays_Small.jpg

As Brian said, it's a nice logo.

But where's the Cyber in that?

Cyber means electronic or computer related.

Is it an electric stingray?

Or should we expect it to be typing one handed on an unseen keyboard?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived