methodist university hoops court

leggman01

i've done a similar one of these before, but it wasn't very good...and this time i was actually asked by the associate athletic director to show her what a new court could look like since the floor will be re-painted next year anyway - let me know...

mucourtmg4.png

edit: sscrunner06 - thanks for the heads up on the wordmark...it was an oversight and i've fixed it - like you, i'm not sure about the ncaa logos, but the assoc. ad said she'd like to see them on the court and i didn't know where else to put them...

jldesigns404eo.png

Overall, it looks very nice...however I did notice one strange thing. Most basketball courts that I can remember have the wordmark along the baseline facing inwards towards the court. Your concept has the "Monarchs" facing outwards. I didn't know if you did this intentionally or just didn't notice; either way, I just wanted to point it out.

Good work on this though, its very clean and not too busy. The only other thing I'm not a huge fan of is the placement of the NCAA logo.

AM.gif

Great work! But I would like to see how the lion would look on the center.

how's this? i think it solves my major issue (ncaa logos) nicely and it incorporates my favorite wordmark application on the sidelines - the first was done per specs handed down by the associate ad...maybe i can convince them to go this route :)

mucourt1ld7.gif

jldesigns404eo.png

last (hopefully) update - i forgot that just the men's 3 point line is moving this year, so i added the women's line and i gave the ncaa and usa south logo's a "transparent" treatment kind of like what you see on the texas a&m court - i'm digging this and i REALLY hope the university will spend the $$$ to make this happen - certainly would add a big-time feel to the court!

mucourt1pi1.png

jldesigns404eo.png

Are the NCAA logos necessary? I've never seen them on any college court, except during the tournaments.

I don't think the conference would want its logos transparent either.

But those things aside, I really like your latest version. I think you could switch one of the baselines with "Methodist" as well, since the logos on the sideline might get obscured with various equipment and furniture during events.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived