Which softwre do you mostly use

Runnin Reb

I was just wondering other that the obvious (AI) what software do yo guys use to create logos. Does anyone use strictly photo shop or paint or do you mostly just use AI. Just curious. I have photo shop and I want to contribute to this board (once I learn the software). I think that this is a neat place. The talent that floats around this place is unreal. I am just floored by it.
04-cotton-bowl-champs470x10.gif

I use Macromedia Freehand and Macromedia Flash along with Illustrator.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I only use Adobe Illustrator.  It is the standard for vector artwork creation.  I really wouldn't recommend using raster graphic software for designing logos as there isn't the same portability of logos across different mediums that is afforded to vector graphics software.  If you design it in Paint, Photoshop or whatnot someone else will have to redraw the logos in AI or Corel Draw(bleh) in order to use them in other creative applications.

I always use Illustrator to create the final image, but I use Photoshop to get the image ready.  If I scan in a drawing or picture, I use Illustrator first to help clear it up and then I use Illustrator to make the final image.  I have used Corel & Macromedia products, but I find Adobe's to be the best for designing graphics.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

I am still in the STEEP learning curve of going from PhotoShop to Illustrator (what you called AI)

I would highly reccomend Illustrator. If you are learning, Reb..I'd learn the right software to begin with, if what you really wanna do is create logos.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I've had a chance to play around with Illustrator--and I'd love to have it--but the price tag is too steep--so for now I'm using mostly Paint--and for my last work I used Publisher!

But then I'm not as active at designing--maybe one day though...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

CorelDraw and Illustrator are both great programs, although Illustrator is better for most situations.  Photoshop is the program for working with raster images, but in the logo world, vector is the way to go.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I'll admit to being Adobe's b*tch. ;)

We just got the CS package and it's...ahem...SUITE! ;)

Being that what I do for a living is web design, I frequently use Photoshop/ImageReady for web graphics, but also often do layouts of potential designs in Illustrator. Final HTML/PHP/etc. is done in GoLive, which I have been using since pre-1.0 release and know like the back of my hand.

Workflow is usually as follows - concept in Illustrator (it's faster to build things in Illustrator for both me and my art director, who often builds the initial concepts), rebuild in Photoshop (I'm the king of all layers! :D ), slice up in ImageReady, output and build the tables in GoLive. Usually I don't bother with HTML output of tables from ImageReady because they tend to be kind of inflexible.

I have to confide a loss in my life, recently. On November 15, 2003, Adobe killed the only SWF creation application I can stand - LiveMotion. It's timeline system was so common-sense and it died before it could reach it's true potential. Although I can now create vector animation in ImageReady, I can't use ActionScript, etc. And I can't stand Flash, it's so convoluted how it works. I'll keep using LiveMotion until it's no longer usable - at least it's OS X compatible. But I already see cracks (it doesn't work well with Illustrator CS documents.)

Hopefully Adobe will revive it or let someone else take control of it.

Illustrator, Photoshop are the standards; Quark for print; and Fireworks, Dreamweaver and Flash for web. Like Webdav, I'll usually start out in Illustrator first because it's the fastest way to mock things up. Usually go back and forth between AI and PS depending on the nature of the project. For web work I'll take a PS doc into Fireworks to set up the graphics then recode the Fireworks produced HTML in dreamweaver to my liking. I like Fireworks' setup better than ImageReady. I probably use AI the most out of all those programs, especially for logos.

Archived