The soccer "Blues" get a new badge

chestnutz

Many of you are probably familiar with the Chelsea Blues, the Birmingham Blues, heck even the St. Louis Blues. But not many know of Miami FC, or much about them, or that their nickname is the Blues. Well their current badge is nothing to write home about, so for my next soccer (football) makeover, I tinkered with a logo I did for a member in the requests section, and eventually got to this.

I'm not sure what to think of it. I think it's on the start of something nice but I can't put my finger on what's missing. I tried to incorporate palm trees, the ocean, and a sunset (that also acts as a soccer ball). The font I'm not so sure of. I tried to keep the basic shape of the current badge, and went with a "midnight" blue, Seahawks green, Tar Heel baby blue, and Arizona St. mustard.

Well, not much more to say, but suggestions are always welcome.

Miamifusioncrest1better.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

You need to to make the palm leaves more droopy to look more like palm leaves. Right now they look like, uh... Mary Jane? Wanna help me out on this one?

The soccer ball needs to have an outline. The black parts of the ball blend right into the the background. I don't know if you were trying to go for some sort of sunrise/sunset kinda thing, but it needs more definition.

The waves dont' look quite natural. Are they supposed to envelop the ball or is it supposed to be just a sea horizon? Having the horizon "go beyond" the crest would make it much more natural.

I'm not wild about black in the scheme. All the other colors are very tropical, and then we get hit with black presented as if it's a main color. It'd be fine as an accent or an outline, but not as a major color for this concept.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Thanks for the input everyone.

It's not black, it's a very dark blue. Maybe I should lighten that up.

The soccer ball is meant to not have an outline, so it just flows into the backround.

I'll work on the waves and the trees, that's been the hardest part is making them look just right.

I know what you mean about it looking Hawaiin. I made the base of this logo as a request, and decided to turn it into a redesign of a US team, Miami being the only tropical one I could think of.

spacer.png

I'm not feeling the colors man. I like the direction your going in, but fix the trees and the waves to make them look more realistic, like epiphanic said.

Work on the colors too. You have bright vivid colors, and then bunch of black.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

That's not too bad. I like the idea of palm trees forming the badge, but I think the type needs to be a different color, it is hard to read, especially on a white background. This is a good start, it just needs some tweaking. I think the "Blues" nickname is terrible personally, they got it from a contest of elementary school kids, and I guess that was the best they got.

... on a side note, I sent my MLS Miami FC concept to the actual team, with some USL modifications, and now I'm starting an internship with the team soon, so I guess they liked it :D

Yeah, I was thinking about putting Blues in the crest itself, but that nickname is sooo overused in soccer.

A couple new variations...on the second I'm not sure what to put in the empty space. I don't know about the colors, but let me know what you guys think of the new palm trees.

Miamifusioncrest1better-1.png

miamifccrest3svg.png

spacer.png

The palm trees as a border is the way to go and the leaves are a big improvement. It can still look more palm-y, but it's a step in the right direction. The "2006" is too small and in the wrong font. It doesn't fit with the rest of the badge. I still think the soccer ball needs an outline. I know you want it to blend it, but I don't think that's the way to go. I think you should scrap the crest-waves. Just have a wavy line to indicate it's the sea. It's currently too jagged and non-uniform. The colors are much better.

It's an improvement. Keep workin'.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Thanks for the advice epiphanic, and happy 1000th post :D

I think this is a big improvement. I scrapped the waves altogether, palm trees stay the same for the most part, and moved the soccer ball to the top. The thing I had the most trouble with was the colors for the soccer ball. Which colors to make the pentagons, the outlines, the ball, etc. Any input on that is welcome.

A big addition are the three swoosh stripes. Miami FC's "international partner" or whatever you want to call it, is Adelaide United FC, who's most distinguishable mark is the three swoosh stripes. I decided to add those, as a sort of Chivas/USA kinda thing.

My favorite part is the text, which I'm absolutely loving and I don't know why.

Well, have at it. Update 3

miamifccrest2svg.png

spacer.png

My favorite part is the text, which I'm absolutely loving and I don't know why.

Think "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City". I think the text works great, but the soccer ball needs to be put back into the shield, under the swooshes, and re-simplified. Do that and you've got it!

Archived