Raptors getting Third Jersey Next Season

uniguy22

Guess the NBA's rule about black jerseys is gone?

A new look coming

A year or so, a wise old sage suggested these guys should have a third jersey, that should be black ?cause that?s cool. Finally, someone listened to me.

The prototypes are done now, it?s a very cool all-black Jersey with red trim and a wee bit of silver and a very nifty tiny Canadian flag on the back at the top above the name.

Right now it says ?Toronto? on the front.

But before you race out and give MLSEL more of your money, the jerseys aren?t going to be worn until next season, when they?ll trot them out a dozen times or so.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually going to go out on a limb and condone this. The Raptors have eliminated purple from everything, yet the original primary is still official, apparently, and all the ESPN graphics still have purple backgrounds. So, maybe this will finish the transition, and hopefully this will be the final step towards getting the claw in circle logo being made the primary.

Then again, with a dated name like Raptors, originating from the Jurassic Park fad of 1993, there's not much else you can do with them, because in all honestly, I don't see anything connecting Toronto and a dinosaur species. I could see a name like Beavers being more appropriate.

I'm actually going to go out on a limb and condone this. The Raptors have eliminated purple from everything, yet the original primary is still official, apparently, and all the ESPN graphics still have purple backgrounds. So, maybe this will finish the transition, and hopefully this will be the final step towards getting the claw in circle logo being made the primary.

Then again, with a dated name like Raptors, originating from the Jurassic Park fad of 1993, there's not much else you can do with them, because in all honestly, I don't see anything connecting Toronto and a dinosaur species. I could see a name like Beavers being more appropriate.

Well... does the University of Toronto have a palentology department? Yea, it's a reach, but still...

I never understood what was so wrong with reviving the old Toronto Huskies name. Traditional AND unique (to pro sports anyway).

They could switch to a bird mascot...

"A Bird of Prey, or Raptor, is a bird that hunts for food primarily on the wing using its keen senses, especially vision; the talons and beaks tend to be relatively large, powerful and adapted for tearing and/or piercing flesh." - wikipedia.com

Guess the NBA's rule about black jerseys is gone?
A new look coming

A year or so, a wise old sage suggested these guys should have a third jersey, that should be black ?cause that?s cool. Finally, someone listened to me.

The prototypes are done now, it?s a very cool all-black Jersey with red trim and a wee bit of silver and a very nifty tiny Canadian flag on the back at the top above the name.

Right now it says ?Toronto? on the front.

But before you race out and give MLSEL more of your money, the jerseys aren?t going to be worn until next season, when they?ll trot them out a dozen times or so.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Sounds very uninspired...

I don't see anything connecting Toronto and a dinosaur species.

Oh yes -- Toronto and its own city council.. :D

I would think a black alternate would look pretty cool. I hate ADDING black to a team colour, "just kuz," but have no problem when franchises take advantage of it when its part of the colour scene to begin with...

I don't see anything connecting Toronto and a dinosaur species.

Oh yes -- Toronto and its own city council.. :D

I would think a black alternate would look pretty cool. I hate ADDING black to a team colour, "just kuz," but have no problem when franchises take advantage of it when its part of the colour scene to begin with...

Which is why I'm not against seeing this. I'm all for black uniforms, as long as it makes sense and is in the color scheme, and isn't just there to be there (i.e. Florida with their unreleased black alt, Duke with those hideous black unis, etc.)

Archived