Introducing the Miami Marlins...

NDwas

Looks like what they wore in 1997 when they won it all, which is a great move. I personally am more attached to what they have now, but this still looks really well done to me. It's hard to adjust to "Miami Marlins" though, as Florida was one of the teams that came in when I was born, so I've known the Marlins literally all my life. Letting go of the Florida name would be weird to do for me. Are they really changing the name to Miami?

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Are they really changing the name to Miami?

That's part of the agreement with the city to build a new stadium.

As part of the negotiations, the Marlins have agreed to rename themselves the Miami Marlins prior to the 2011 season.

Read it here.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

That looks pretty nice. I'm not liking the number opposite the chest patch on the home uniforms though. Love the teal, love the job on the road "Miami" wordmark. I think it would be better though if it had the stripe under it like the Marlins and Florida ones they use now. I struggled with that on my MLB redesign Marlins and just decided to come up with new everything.

I really hate that M logo you've got though. I think they still use it for BP caps but I'm not sure, either way I've never liked it. That's why I hope the team totally re-brands(except for the colors) when they make the name change. It just looks so forced to me. I love their current logos and wordmarks, but if they keep that 'M' it will be stupid. I could do without the pinstripes on the grey aways as well, but I guess it's ok. Also, try the M in black on the black cap. Their current all black caps have black F's on them, and I think the M would look a bit better in that style. I hate the fact that they're changing the name, hate the Orange Bowl site, hate the having to sell off Miggy and D-Train and everyone else to help finance the ballpark, but if in 50 years I can take my grandkids to a Marlins game, in South Florida, it's all worth it. Nice job. Marlins fan stamp of approval!

Great concept, but I've got to agree with mack, a tail like you they have on Marlins, but on Miami would improve this alot.

I know an "I" doesn't normally have a tail, but I think because the end of the tail is so unique (Its always been one of my favorite parts of the Marlins Package, so aquatic without being overbearing) you could get away with having it on a letter other than "s."

Those are some awesome concepts!

I just wish they didn't change their names. Why does every Florida baseball team have to mess with what they have.

The Devil Rays can't be the Devil Rays, just the Rays, and now the Marlins, which once I abandoned Tampa Bay are the only Florida team to me, are going to change their name of location.

Meh, I guess it could be worse.

/end rant.

anti.png

Looks like what they wore in 1997 when they won it all, which is a great move. I personally am more attached to what they have now, but this still looks really well done to me. It's hard to adjust to "Miami Marlins" though, as Florida was one of the teams that came in when I was born, so I've known the Marlins literally all my life. Letting go of the Florida name would be weird to do for me. Are they really changing the name to Miami?

Having been at the Marlins first-ever game, DAMN that post makes me feel old.

nav-logo.png

I really the bring back of the teal and the name change to Miami is needed. I really think that those BP caps would sell like hot cakes. And personally, I have never liked the road pinstripes. Other than that it is amazing.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

Having been at the Marlins first-ever game, DAMN that post makes me feel old.

I'm only 15, it's not like I'm 25 or something. You dont have to feel old, Mac :P

By the way, that update looks even better, iamthedorf. Great work!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

As a Marlins fan since their inception, I really like these, and so I definitely approve!! It's also nice to see my baseball template back in play ;)

Actually, not your template. Unless you're referring to the hat. I obtained the uniform template from tempest/andrewharrington, and I've made more than several enhancements since I acquired it.

Sorry Hemi711, but I'm not distributing my material at the moment.

I like this alot ...

But at the same time i would like to see them update the logo a bit more when they change the name to Miami , Maybe introducing a sun , or some wave like lines under the M with the Marlin coming out . I think they just need a new a totally new identity once they have there new stadium ...

Great work man ...

As a Marlins fan since their inception, I really like these, and so I definitely approve!! It's also nice to see my baseball template back in play ;)

Actually, not your template. Unless you're referring to the hat. I obtained the uniform template from tempest/andrewharrington, and I've made more than several enhancements since I acquired it.

Sorry Hemi711, but I'm not distributing my material at the moment.

And I added the Nike Shoes ;-)

98Falcons.png

Not bad at all. Only suggestion I would have would be to incorporate the tail from the home wordmark onto the I of Miami for continuity.

Did you see the update?

Archived