old

thmst30

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look closely, it's not that the Bobcats simply added checkerboard patterns to their existing uniforms - they created an entirely new design. Ordinarily, the Bobcats' blue unis read "Bobcats" instead of "Charlotte" and usually the numbers are off-center. Also, the orange "Charlotte" jerseys use the underlined font.

it was a promotional event, NASCAR Night at the Bobcats. they handed out matchbox size diecast Bobcats cars to 1st 2000 fans. even though the Checkers play in Bobcats Arena, it was not to honor the ECHL team. the Bobcats are tyying everything they can think of to get people in the seats, and this is another in a series of promotions to drum up interest. the Checkers host NASCAR Nights every so often and have donned special unis for it (not recently though).

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

If you look closely, it's not that the Bobcats simply added checkerboard patterns to their existing uniforms - they created an entirely new design. Ordinarily, the Bobcats' blue unis read "Bobcats" instead of "Charlotte" and usually the numbers are off-center. Also, the orange "Charlotte" jerseys use the underlined font.

Possibly a modified rejected design for their new uniforms next season?

edit: Apparently it was "NASCAR night", they need to NEVER wear these again though.

b5414357-53c3-40a5-80b7-b865f62117c9.jpg

834d4ff4-15f5-4d03-b5eb-8a8a64dd6f20.jpg

aab31a09-dec3-4372-9f2c-6960474de2df.jpg

e82cd899-ee67-42b6-afb8-1e4db26e2501.jpg

When did the Charlotte Checkers become an NBA squad??? ^_^

All $#*! aside, though...seeing this in action really makes one wonder, now, how come the heads of this franchise couldn't come up with something more unique to Charlotte or at least more indicative of what the city is known for...like, maybe, Racers or something. (Don't most NBA teams run? It'd make sense.) THEN the checkerboard details would have not only made a helluva lot of sense, but would have been a straight-up stroke of design genius in the vein of UNC's damn-near proprietary argyle pattern. (And since it seems the Charlotte Checkers ECHL squad has completely ripped itself from all semblances of anything even resembling checkers at all and decided to brand themselves as polar bears more or less, it'd make even more sense now.) But yeah...imagine how it would have played out had Robert Johnson not been so asinine as to roll with such a generic nickname such as "Bobcats" because half of that nickname is the short form of his first name ("Bob", for the slow ones), and come up with the idea of naming the team the Racers and going with checkerboard side paneling and/or design details. You wanna talk about merch $$$? I PROMISE YOU that would have done it...and the look probably would have been much more appealing than that mess they got now.

(Someone tell me why I smell a future post in the "Concepts" forum coming out of this??? ^_^ )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on a side note, before someone get off on this tip, I realize (and after I write this, a lot of other people will too) that Charlotte has a thing with cat-themed names. We know of the Panthers and now the Bobcats; there's also the Charlotte Area Transit System, known in short as--you guessed it--CATS, not to mention their new light-rail system, the LYNX (a play on the word "links").

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

why didn't anybody know of this before-hand?

If an NBA franchise sets up shop in Charlotte, unveils the ugliest uniform set in all of pro sports, brings in Michael Jordan as part owner, trades for former Slam Dunk contest winners, and falls down in a forest, does it make a sound? I used to think that the Columbus Blue Jackets were the most irrelevant franchise in all of pro sports, but Charlotte has clearly won that title, hands down. And really, there isn't even a close second.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived