DrBear

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pat Patriot was a subpar logo.

The Flying Elvis is a subpar logo.

Far as I'm concerned, the Patriots have only had one really good helmet logo:

9585595441.jpg

My main beef with any of their old looks was the fact that they wore bright red jerseys. I might have covered this in another post, but I just think that if you are going to have a nickname that refers back to the Revolutionary War period then avoid red as a primary. The British wore red....not the colonists.

I think the switch to their current color scheme is perfect.

Not going to debate the uniform colors, only wish to stress that the first helmet logo was the only halfway decent one the Patriots ever had.

Agreed. Wish I had "skillz" like Bucco and many others here. I'd do a concept using this logo but on a silver helmet without the number. The logo would have a white/red outline. That would look great.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

9585595441.jpg

You see, I believe that a truly outstanding football helmet logo should be able to stand on its own as - or comprise a significant part of - a team's primary logo. In my opinion, the Patriots' tri-corner hat logo doesn't meet that standard.

My main beef with any of their old looks was the fact that they wore bright red jerseys. I might have covered this in another post, but I just think that if you are going to have a nickname that refers back to the Revolutionary War period then avoid red as a primary. The British wore red....not the colonists.

I think the switch to their current color scheme is perfect.

I wholeheartedly agree. It makes much more sense thematically.

If the Patriots' switch to using Blue as their primary color had been accompanied by a redesign of "Pat Patriot" similar to the update/modernization of Miami's dolphin logo, I don't think you would have heard any complaints from Patriots fans. That said, given the track record of success the organization has enjoyed under the "Flying Elvis" logo, I don't see the latter being abandoned for quite some time.

9585595441.jpg

You see, I believe that a truly outstanding football helmet logo should be able to stand on its own as - or comprise a significant part of - a team's primary logo. In my opinion, the Patriots' tri-corner hat logo doesn't meet that standard.

This logo just doesn't work well. It seems incomplete for a helmet logo. On the front of a baseball cap? Maybe.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

That said, given the track record of success the organization has enjoyed under the "Flying Elvis" logo, I don't see the latter being abandoned for quite some time.

BINGO!

Everyone better get used to it and/or just learn to live with it because it ain't changin' any time soon.

9585595441.jpg

This logo just doesn't work well. It seems incomplete for a helmet logo. On the front of a baseball cap? Maybe.

I have to be honest, I think it looks more like a decapitated blue bat than a colonial hat. Not a good logo IMO.

That said, given the track record of success the organization has enjoyed under the "Flying Elvis" logo, I don't see the latter being abandoned for quite some time.

BINGO!

Everyone better get used to it and/or just learn to live with it because it ain't changin' any time soon.

Too true, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it (or even - gasp! - criticize it).

BINGO!

Too true, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it (or even - gasp! - criticize it).

HA!

criticism?

whats that?

Y'know I've heard of this totally odd thing called: "constructive criticism" but I thought it was only present in fairy tales and during art critiques in the 60's. Man....ya learn sometin' new ev'r-day!

B)

Archived