UCONN in Silver

webby17

When teams wear silver jerseys, they always tend to look dirty instead of nice. It's not nice for the Patriots, and not much better here.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

UCONN worse silver jerseys vs. Marquette today.

Dr. Freud, white courtesy phone, please.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It seems like the jerseys that are suppose to be silver seem to be of the same flat type material that the silver pants are for the Buckeyes currently. If they were of a silver that the Buckeyes wore before the flat silver, then I think they'd look good. Whatever you do, stay away from the trashbag Maverick color jerseys. I agree that they come across as a dirty white or at best a really light flat grey.

Normally I have no beef with a team wanting to provide an alternate look. Thumbs down to UConn, though, on several levels:

• As previously stated, suffers from "Patriots alt" syndrome, in that they come off as dirty versions of their white set.
  • The style is new for this season. UConn is already treating the world to two new looks. Why bring out yet another that dilutes the identity even more?
  • As a Big East school, UConn comes off as biting off of Georgetown by putting on grays at home.

The throwbacks earlier in this thread would have served as a sufficient alternate, but for the hoop squad in Storrs, that just did not seem to be good enough.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

You guys think UConn's are bad, check out the plate of hurl Marquette is sporting there. Seriously, when are teams nowadays gonna knock off the crap and get good looking unis?

I think without a doubt besides the shoulder yoke things, Marquette has one of the nicest unis in college hoops.

You guys think UConn's are bad, check out the plate of hurl Marquette is sporting there. Seriously, when are teams nowadays gonna knock off the crap and get good looking unis?

I think without a doubt besides the shoulder yoke things, Marquette has one of the nicest unis in college hoops.

Really? I do respect your opinion, but my opinion is that those unis are terrible. the shoulder yoke needs to go, the numbers need to somehow match the word mark at least in color (make them white), and the Barber Pole-painted-Denver Nuggets needs to get out. I hate barber pole striping on jerseys. They look all ghetto and not professional, or even colliegiate for that matter. Marquette, to me, looks like a streetball team, which isnt good.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

UConn football has my favorite uniform set in all of NCAA. They should standardize the rest of their athletics to follow that theme.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

UConn football has my favorite uniform set in all of NCAA. They should standardize the rest of their athletics to follow that theme.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes, the football team has great unis. Although, for some reason I like the bball team having the small amount of red in it. Must be just because that's what I grew up with, when I started cheering for them back in the early 90's.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived