UCONN in Silver

webby17

1b326115-dd1e-4084-ac7d-769b866808f0.jpg

UConn, Please go back to the Ben Gordon/Richard Hamilton era unis. These current unis look a little :puke:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Is it just me or are there some type of circles on the shorts... specifically look at the bottom of the player in the back's shorts.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Is it just me or are there some type of circles on the shorts... specifically look at the bottom of the player in the back's shorts.

Those are compression shorts with pads that the players wear under thier shorts. I wear them sometimes when I play football, but alot of players, for whatever reason, wear them in basketball. Don't worry those arent part of the uniform design hehe.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

At first I thought they were white jerseys, and I thought to myself, "Damn! These cats sweat a lot!" They look terrible.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

i actually triedto make a concept in that sort of way.

Uconnbball.jpg

I think you are on the right track.

They need to get rid of the ridiculous red trim and go with the Navy and White with hints of grey. Many of the other school's sports teams have made the transition AWAY from the red accent, including the high profile football team. Not sure why the hell the basketball teams insist on keeping the red.

Much of the university's official paperwork and many of their promotional items haved moved away from the red. Hopefully that might be an indication of whats to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Traditionally, what are UConn's colors? Navy and red, navy and gray, or navy, red, and gray? Any one of those three combinations could work well, if they'd just be consistent across all sports, but right now, they do a terrible job of balancing the three.

UConn official colors are national flag blue (Pantone 281) and white. Some UConn athletic teams have red trim (basketball). Some have grey trim (football). The Print colors for the university, and their official logos use the blue listed before and Pantone Cool Gray 9. I'm a bit of a homer, but I think their seal and updated logo set are pretty classic.

uconn_logo1.jpg

And I would love to see all their athletic teams go to white, blue, and gray sets. get rid of the red.

Traditionally, what are UConn's colors? Navy and red, navy and gray, or navy, red, and gray? Any one of those three combinations could work well, if they'd just be consistent across all sports, but right now, they do a terrible job of balancing the three.

UConn official colors are national flag blue (Pantone 281) and white. Some UConn athletic teams have red trim (basketball). Some have grey trim (football). The Print colors for the university, and their official logos use the blue listed before and Pantone Cool Gray 9. I'm a bit of a homer, but I think their seal and updated logo set are pretty classic.

uconn_logo1.jpg

And I would love to see all their athletic teams go to white, blue, and gray sets. get rid of the red.

Bingo.

The football program was originally supposed to usher the change to navy, white and grey. For some odd reason, the basketball teams haven't followed suit, but most of the schools other teams have.

Funny story about the school logo....it came out roughly around '98 or '99. UConn was going through the whole 'UConn 2000' project to moderinze the school's building, infrastructure and overall look. I was a senior and part of the design department when it came out. Needless to say, the initial reactions were not positive. The unanimous reaction to the new logo was that it:

1. looked too phallic. (the acorns seemed suspiciously placed)

2. looked bland

keep in mind the old school logo was the state seal. Pretty unimaginative if you ask me. This logo has grown on me alot since then. I still can't look at it without seeing two white arms with claws at the end of them trying to cut off two acorns. Maybe its just me I guess.

Archived