Jersey Pockets

BucsBoy02

Did anyone else see right before the packer giants kickoff, i don't know who it was it was a packer, but it looked like he had pockets sewn into his jersey.

Alot of the Packers do...I have seen Favre wear these type jerseys in years past (albeit...not in this game)...I would love to know where to get one....

Some players will have them sewn in by the teams' seamstresses. I think they're lined with fleece.

Uni Watch had an interview last week with the Packers' seamstress, and the pockets were mentioned.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Some players will have them sewn in by the teams' seamstresses. I think they're lined with fleece.

Uni Watch had an interview last week with the Packers' seamstress, and the pockets were mentioned.

Ahh...that would confirm my hunch that it's a team thing...If memory serves me right, I've only seen Packers players (today and in past) with unis like this....

It's amazing that someone from Wisconsin is somehow shocked or surprised that the Packers do this. I know they've been doing it for years and I've seen other teams in the Northeast do it also. My question though, is what happens to these pockets after the game especially if the Packers win and their next game would be in Arizona where I doubt they'd need them. Do they take them off or just use new jerseys? Do the pockets go into a box for next year or what? Just odd questions that crossed my mind.

Bernie Kosar used to have them in Cleveland.

e9b9228927daff503c54eca9a796f735.jpg

^example of one hand over the other- right side is high while left side pocket is separate and lower

I have seen them where one hand goes over the other as well as an open pouch where both hands go in so the fingers would actually be touching each other as opposed to the separate pockets/chambers in the on top design.

fade.gif

Bernie Kosar used to have them in Cleveland.

e9b9228927daff503c54eca9a796f735.jpg

^example of one hand over the other- right side is high while left side pocket is separate and lower

I have seen them where one hand goes over the other as well as an open pouch where both hands go in so the fingers would actually be touching each other as opposed to the separate pockets/chambers in the on top design.

John Elway used to wear a jersey with the pockets as well back in the late 80's early 90's.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived