Bradshaw's helmet

jkrdevil

In the NFC championship game Giants running back Bradshaw had not only part of his "NY" decal on one side of his helmet come off but part of the blue paint job as well. I've never seen that in the NFL before. Is that in part because of the cold?

In the NFC championship game Giants running back Bradshaw had not only part of his "NY" decal on one side of his helmet come off but part of the blue paint job as well. I've never seen that in the NFL before. Is that in part because of the cold?

I have to imagine it is. That was one hell of a thing to see on the replay when the Green Bay defender (Collins, I think) came in and delivered the hit, and all these little bits of blue and red came flying off Bradshaw's helmet.

In addition to the loss of the 'N,' he also lost a chunk of his helmet stripe. Also, I believe Brandon Jacobs may have lost his 'N.'

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Actually...it also happened to Bradshaw in Week 16 up in Buffalo...

That was just the "N" decal, but this is the first time in the modern era that I've ever seen actual paint come off a helmet. It's gotta be 100% due to the cold.

Pics:

95ae9a32caff676a2e5e8eb7c020b745-getty-amfoot-nfc-championship-packers-giants.jpg

0fc99119c5032aa027c0e852248936e0-getty-78904713mw092_nfc_champions.jpg

e35646e36ee74b834327fb3b9a5d25af-getty-78904713mw096_nfc_champions.jpg

As others said, even more came off later, including part of the red stripe in front...

Ryan Grant lost some of the G, aswell.

during the giants first drive you can actually see the piece of brandon jacobs' left "n" decal come flying off... very similar to bradshaw's, caught by fox... in HD jacobs' "n" almost looked like an earpad!!

many chipped logos on both sides.. and the many of the giants' front numerals were obliterated as well.

the paint coming off bradshaw was definitely the sub-zero influence...

by the way, bradshaw's "n" and front "4" came off in buffalo due to the heat jet he left his helmet in front of.

yep... that kind of cold is too damn cold for decal and/or paint to adhere properly to the flexable plastic helmets being torqued at such high impact pressures.

brrrr

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

You know what I was thinking.....I think that Bradshaw should donate that helmet to the Hall of Fame. Seriously. I mean, the game was a classic (I was on the edge of my seat the whole game - that's what football is supposed to be. Loved it.), it was only the second OT game in NFC championship history, and the game will forever be known as "Ice Bowl II". That would be a welcome addition to the Hall of Fame artifacts in my opinion. I know I'd love to see it in there.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

You know what I was thinking.....I think that Bradshaw should donate that helmet to the Hall of Fame. Seriously. I mean, the game was a classic (I was on the edge of my seat the whole game - that's what football is supposed to be. Loved it.), it was only the second OT game in NFC championship history, and the game will forever be known as "Ice Bowl II". That would be a welcome addition to the Hall of Fame artifacts in my opinion. I know I'd love to see it in there.

I agree, that would be a pretty sweet adition to the Hall. Along with a video of some of the hits, showing the blue flakes in the air. in slow mo.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived