NY Giants Uniform Concept

-(dp)-

It seems that because the Giants have some tradition to their uniforms, people think they are okay, but tradition or not, I think they're terrible. The main problem is the use of colors. If you looked at each part of the uniform separately, you wouldn't know that they are all for the same team. The pants are grey, but the only other place you will find it is the facemask. The helmet is blue, the only other place you will find it on the away jersey is one thin pants stripe. There is a red helmet stripe, but the home jersey has none except a small part of the collar. Then the away jersey has only red and white. Are two sets of grey pants really needed? Can they decide on a primary color? Anyways, you get my point. I tried to fix all of these problems. The main color is blue, there is one set of gray pants, grey is also used in the jersey, both jerseys have stripes, and the stripes on the jersey, helmet and pants are somewhat uniform. So, are these an improvement over what they currently have?

GiantsConcept3.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

A few nitpicks:

- It might just be me, but I'm against any helmet without "Giants" as the logo.

- Rather than using the silver/gray in the sleeve stripes/number outlines, I'm curious if white would look better.

- I like the G-men in gray pants, but the blue helmet always bothered me with the gray pants. And since the Giants traditionally have the blue helmet, what would white pants look like here?

Big improvement, way to unify all the dumb compotents of the Little Giants uniforms. Looks like they could use a change, especially cause Feagles just missed a GW kick!!!

That wasn't Jeff Feagles. It was Lawrence Tynes. Feagles is the Giants' punter and place holder.

I'm not a huge fan of the silver outlines on the numbers, but other than that I think they work well.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Big improvement, way to unify all the dumb compotents of the Little Giants uniforms. Looks like they could use a change, especially cause Feagles just missed a GW kick!!!

That wasn't Jeff Feagles. It was Lawrence Tynes. Feagles is the Giants' punter and place holder.

I'm not a huge fan of the silver outlines on the numbers, but other than that I think they work well.

Yeah, and I'm upset that Fox didn't show Tynes reaction to the kick, nor did they show him at all after the game was over.

As for the concept, GREAT job. The only thing I would consider doing is losing the grey outlines around the numbers. I agree with everything you said about their current uniform situation.

Oh wow, brain fart.

I kinda like that new one PND, but I'm afraid it looks too much like the Bills.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I think I am one of the few who LOVE the Giants current uni package (just without the red uni). I think waht they have now is stellar.

However, I love everything about your concept. Would I prefer it over what they have now? No, but even still, this is great work you've done here, PND. Keep up the grade A work!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Wow, sounds like I am the only one who isn't that crazy for these and one of the few that loves the current Giants uniforms because of the simplicity and history behind them. To many teams have changed their uniforms to update them to something more modern only to ruin an already great look. The only thing I would change on the Giants courant uniform is to change the "NY" on their jerseys back to "Giants" as they already have the "NY" logo on their helmet. If you really want to change the Giants uniforms, go back to ones they used in the 80s and 90s otherwise leave them alone.

To be honest, I think that the current home is fine as-is, and the road before the switch to the all-red was perfect. I've never been a fan of the wordmark, as it screams 70s/80s to me. Basing this on the original concept, the road would be better with the red and blue reversed in the numbers, and there's something about the home that's not working. Something with the gray in the striping clashing with the white of the numbers.

VmWIn6B.png

looks awful dude. It's just not "Giants"

Sorry.

I wouldn't go that far, it's nowhere near awful, it's just a change, people adjust to change. Personally I like it a lot better than what they have now. Mismatched just looks cheap, like they went down the Dick's and bought whatever was left on the rack and called it a uniform.

I like the new set with the white pants, but I think sticking with the grey pants will keep the traditionalists somewhat happy. Very nice work!

Anything that John Quincy King hates is automatically something good in my book.

I think it's a good modernization of the 1976-1997 look. The all white reminds me of the white Orange Crush era Broncos, but it's not as horrible as Kinger would make you think.

philly.png

Anything that John Quincy King hates is automatically something good in my book.

It only stands to reason, as most Philthadelphians have little to no taste.

:P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Okay, original post edited with no grey in the numbers. Also, this one is for Shumway, I am sticking to the one in the original post though.

GiantsConcept2.png

Isn't that basically what they wore throughout the 80's and most of the 90's?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Okay, original post edited with no grey in the numbers. Also, this one is for Shumway, I am sticking to the one in the original post though.

GiantsConcept2.png

Isn't that basically what they wore throughout the 80's and most of the 90's?

Yes, very similar. That was just showing Shumway the changes he wanted though. My concept is the one at the top, which is much different.

NYGiants82.gif

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived