Super Bowl XLII

rainmaker17

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who should be put on suicide watch more, Cowboys fans last week or Packers fans now?

Packers fans. A guy who lives on my floor went nutso when Tynes made the FG. Turned off my TV talking about "DON'T GIVE FOX THE RATINGS!!!" :lol:

My 29 year old sister said that "a single tear went down my left eye" when the Cowboys lost. So yeah, judging by that, I say that if you know any Packers fans or have any that live near you...go see about them, 'kay? :lol:

It's going to be interesting at my house tomorrow. My cousin and Aunt from Wisconsin are coming by to visit Bradley. Said cousin refused to leave today because the game "had to be watched in Wisconsin". I believe they plan on leaving for Peoria at 4:30 AM. Yeah...it's going to be tense.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Double post....DESU!!!

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Once again "New York" vs "Boston" dominates the sports world :upside:

Fortunaetely we cannot have NY v. Boston for the Stanley Cup!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I would posit that Eli Manning and the Giants have played far more inspired football than any other team in this year's playoffs, the Patriots included. If today's Giants squad matched up with today's Patriots, New York would have wiped the floor with them. Eli and the Giants deserve a lot of credit for going into two very hostile environments and coming out with the win.

I feel like if that Chargers had shown a pulse today, they could have walked out with the win. As it happened, they stunk up the joint and the Pats sleepwalked into the Super Bowl. I don't doubt Belichick will have them better prepared in two weeks, but if the game were played next Sunday, I have a pretty good feeling the Giants would win.

Okay, I agree with your first paragraph completely.

However, as much I want to heap endless amounts of praise on the Giants, I can't. Yes, it's true that this is the same team that just won 3 straight road playoff games and gave the Pats maybe their toughest fight of the regular season. But, as much as one can argue that this game could be rough for the Pats... it's going to be way harder for New York. The Pats now have the entire game tape from their Week 17 meeting to study, and that was when this entire identity for the Giants came into to place. If they somehow stifle Brady, can they also stop Maroney on the ground? Or if they stop him on the run, can they still contend with Brady's arm in the warm weather? And even if their defense is up to spec, you can't miss 2 field goals and fail to score touchdowns in the red zone and STILL score enough to keep a lead... Also, you can't count on the Pats to keep your hopes alive with FOUR penalties on the same drive.

I'm not trying to be a downer, just a realist. Of course I want them to win, and I love the underdog story.

Anyway, sorry for the rant - one thing I do want to say is this - I totally agree that if the Superbowl was NEXT week I'd give the Giants a slightly better shot.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I know I've already posted, but I've gotta say something Ive been really thinking about for the past ahour. It jsut hit me that of all the teams Ive seen in the playoffs this year, I havent seen a team exhibit more heart in thier play than the Giants, including the Cheatriots - I mean Patriots, and the way they have been playing football the past few has been tough, gritty, all-heart, down to the wire football, the way the game is MEANT to be played. And they have won with it. Another thing: They have flat out never gave up on anything. Lawrence Tynes missed two straight field goals and got two nast swear words from Tom Coughlin before he nailed the OT game winner. He never gave in to those missed field goals, he just kept his head up and became the hero. There was so many times taht Bradshaw from the Giants got tossed around like a rag doll trying to run the ball, but he kept his feet moving and found a way to get as much ground as he could before he finally got down. And Mannings performance has been as good as anybody this postseason - NO INTS INCLUDED - and he has played a huge part in thier success. But the Giants play some hardcore team ball and play with some extreme heart. So don't doubt them for a moment.

So, for one day and one day only, in two sundays, I will be a Giants fan. I'm gonna throw on my royal blue Under Armour shirt that I wear for football, tape the Giants logo to it on Super Bowl sunday and wear it proudly as I cheer for my one-day-only favorite team. As Chris Berman says, "GO G-MEN!!!!!" or as he also says, "GO NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!"

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

It's going to be interesting at my house tomorrow. My cousin and Aunt from Wisconsin are coming by to visit Bradley. Said cousin refused to leave today because the game "had to be watched in Wisconsin". I believe they plan on leaving for Peoria at 4:30 AM. Yeah...it's going to be tense.

Go out first thing in the morning and buy a Giants or Patriots hat. That'll lighten the mood immediately. :P

nav-logo.png

Go out first thing in the morning and buy a Giants or Patriots hat. That'll lighten the mood immediately. :P

Fortunately I'm at school 3 1/2 hours away. :D

Today, we are all otaku.

Where do those cool NFL helmet sigs come from? I checked the concept thread, but didn't see anything.

Helmet sigs

Once again "New York" vs "Boston" dominates the sports world :upside:

Ah crap. I didn't notice that. Oh LORD, that means there will be at least 30 Yankees-Red Sox references by ESPN before the Super Bowl begins.

EDIT: Make that at least 200 Yankees-Red Sox references. I forgot that it is ESPN...

They'll hit 200 by morning.

BB52Big.jpg

We are all New York Giants, at least for two weeks anyways.

Funny, in 2001/2 we were all Patriots... What has the world come to? ^_^

I honestly think the Giants deserved to win today. I was mostly impartial, but they just played better.

Oh, and just to throw another NY/Boston reference out there, the Rangers and Bruins just played a home and home the last two days. The Bruins won both :)

And it's Celtics/Knicks tomorrow...

:D

Archived