Super Bowl XLII

rainmaker17

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time for an ad!!!

Did you see this Reebok ad about Perfectville? It really is funny. :)

I've watched this ad 20 times now. I love it.

I just noticed this:

Most of the Dolphins are wearing retro uniforms, except for the guys on the lawn in the QB/kicker discussion. They are wearing the current uniforms.

What gives?

They were wearing pretty much a whole bunch of Dolphins jerseys OTHER than the ones they actually used in 1972.

The Jerseys they wore in 1972 had numbers on the shoulders and no stripes at all.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Time for an ad!!!

I just noticed this:

Most of the Dolphins are wearing retro uniforms, except for the guys on the lawn in the QB/kicker discussion. They are wearing the current uniforms.

What gives?

They were wearing pretty much a whole bunch of Dolphins jerseys OTHER than the ones they actually used in 1972.

The Jerseys they wore in 1972 had numbers on the shoulders and no stripes at all.

The aquas may not have had stripes but the numbers were on the sleeves.

csonka.jpg

And the whites had sleeve numbers and stripes.

dolphins-vii.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Time for an ad!!!

I just noticed this:

What gives?

csonka.jpg

dolphins-vii.jpg

My bad, it looks like they were all over the place. Some had strips, some didn't.

scott.jpg

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

• 1. We went to my parents place to watch the game. They invited us over for a bbq and the wife didn't want to cook. We watched it on their hd lcd tv. needless to say i am never investing in a hd tv. i can't believe how pixelated it was, that almost ruined my viewing experience especially when it would be clearer on my standard Emerson Tv.

Either your parents' TV isn't hooked up correctly, or you were watching the Fox standard broadcast channel instead of the Fox HD channel.

thats what i thought at first, but when i went to our local wal-mart that have the same tv hooked up, it looks the same way on their tvs. and all their programs are linked with hdmi cables and hi def programming. i even asked the electronics associate and they told me it was natural for it be sorta pixalated.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 1. We went to my parents place to watch the game. They invited us over for a bbq and the wife didn't want to cook. We watched it on their hd lcd tv. needless to say i am never investing in a hd tv. i can't believe how pixelated it was, that almost ruined my viewing experience especially when it would be clearer on my standard Emerson Tv.

Either your parents' TV isn't hooked up correctly, or you were watching the Fox standard broadcast channel instead of the Fox HD channel.

thats what i thought at first, but when i went to our local wal-mart that have the same tv hooked up, it looks the same way on their tvs. and all their programs are linked with hdmi cables and hi def programming. i even asked the electronics associate and they told me it was natural for it be sorta pixalated.

I don't want to come off like a a-hole but two things could be causing the bad picture. First cheap HDTV's i.e. ones sold at WalMart don't have a good picture. Second the HDTV signal(travels to your house via old coaxial cables) and converter box from most cable companies are total :censored:.

I have been doing Home Theater set-ups on the side and have seen pretty much every combo of tv, cable box and Directv box and at this point for the best picture you need a good tv(Sony, Panasonic, Phillips) with Directv for your pay channels and a antenna to pick up your local stations HDTV feed(hooks right into the Directv box). You can get your local channels via Directv but the picture off of antenna(no need for an expensive one if you live in a big city) is so much better because it doesn't get compressed.

Time for an ad!!!

I just noticed this:

What gives?

csonka.jpg

dolphins-vii.jpg

My bad, it looks like they were all over the place. Some had strips, some didn't.

scott.jpg

Back circa 1970-1972 the Dolphins had mesh-fabric jerseys without stripes, durene jerseys with stripes, and finally I think some of them even had mesh jersys with stripes - it's hard to tell from the old photos if the striped ones from the 1972 season were mesh, durene or both. The players pretty much got to pick the one they liked the best to wear. I believe 1972 was the last year of the mix of jerseys and by 1973 they all got new striped mesh jerseys with the then "oh-so-modern" screened-on numbers.

I don't want to come off like a a-hole but two things could be causing the bad picture. First cheap HDTV's i.e. ones sold at WalMart don't have a good picture. Second the HDTV signal(travels to your house via old coaxial cables) and converter box from most cable companies are total :censored:.

I have been doing Home Theater set-ups on the side and have seen pretty much every combo of tv, cable box and Directv box and at this point for the best picture you need a good tv(Sony, Panasonic, Phillips) with Directv for your pay channels and a antenna to pick up your local stations HDTV feed(hooks right into the Directv box). You can get your local channels via Directv but the picture off of antenna(no need for an expensive one if you live in a big city) is so much better because it doesn't get compressed.

ok that makes little more sense. I think the tv he got was a polaroid 32IN from the post thanksgiving sale blitz. Because they have DirecTv with the HDMI cables et al. But it might be the tv like i suspected. I know most of the picture quality of WM's tvs are :censored: why people sink money in to those tvs are beyond me.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

You're gonna just use numbers to tell me all that? Numbers dont mean a thing, buddy. It's what you actually do during that game.

Wait, wait, wait....wasn't your argument about Colt Brennan's eternal greatness predicated entirely upon numbers?

Oh...and I'd take Brady over Eli as well, but my MVP vote this season would have gone to Randy Moss.

Yes and no. You forgot to mention the 22 career NCAA records and unbelievable heart (3 rushing TDs on a sprained ankle in one game? Wha?) I happened to talk about. Infact, alot more of that than just numbers. Before you tar and feather me, make sure you go back and read the thread and EVERYTHING that I said.

Lets review, shall we.

georgia1.png

Ouch.

georgia2.png

Again.

georgia3.png

Wow.

Greatest ever? No, Marcus Howard give your buddy Colt nightmares.

Oooo, what as comeback. Highlights from ONE game. As I recall, QB's like Brady, P.Manning, E.Manning, Favre, Romo, (Oh, let's go old school!) Tarkenton, Marino, Title, Starr, Graham, (and to the collegiate level....) Leinart, Young, Flutie, (Oh, I'm sweatin'), Staubach, Hornung, and a buttload of other great QB's have all been knocked on thier butts a few times. It's not like if you get saked a few times in a game all of the sudden you're the worst QB in the nation. Just ask Brady. He knows a thing or two now about getting knocked on his butt. Besides, I believe I've already said once on here (If I haven't, then I"M SAYING IT NOW) that I agree I may have gone over board on Brennan, so move on, get over it, and leave it alone.

Look, I know I'm a young'un on here and I'll also humbly admit that my debating skills are far less experienced and polished than all of yours, and I'll admit that. So again, whaddya say taht all of us just move on and just forget about Brennan. I'm not backing down from my opinions, I still think he's extrordinary, but I think it'd be best if we jsut dropped this finally and moved on to something else.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I'm not backing down from my opinions, I still think he's extrordinary, but I think it'd be best if we jsut dropped this finally and moved on to something else.

A good way to do that is to not bring up the topic again. Unfortunately, you'd have to give up having the last word, which is what's really going on here. And you can prove me wrong by not responding to this.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The guy is a complete tool but I think it's nice that he is selling the jersey and sending the money to a charity. I still have to ask how a guy who portrays himself as the ultimate fan managed to forget his "lucky" jersey. If the Browns were in The Super Bowl and I was at the game I can promise you that there is no way I leave my hotel room for the game without my Jim Brown throwback.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived